Honestly would you buy H reverb for $65???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I won't have time to test it at all before the hours are up for the other plugins in my cart.. because i have 4 plugins in it and H is the fifth it's actually only $65 to add it.

I have breverb 2, lex pcm, arts acoustic and all the uad stuff. I mean it's probably redundant right but is it fo value? does it have say ultra low cpu, zero latency and a smooth sound? any special features?

cheers

Where are you seeing it for 65$?

shonoob wrote:Where are you seeing it for 65$?

Ok i didn't explain correctly. I have a bunch of black friday (time limited) stuff in my waves cart at waves.com.

I also have a coupon for registering for the free trueverb, to get h verb for $99

because i have 4 plugins in my waves cart, the fifth is 35% discount.. hence the $99 plugin becomes $65. So if i add h reverb to my current cart of 4 products for $220, it becomes $285.. so h reverb is adding exactly 65 to the cart..

i am checking out videos and it has unique dynamic capabilities as well as some cool and genuinely useful features so it might be worth it after all. But the reverb sound itself is definitely no better than breverb 2/valhalla/lex etc.

No it's a complete waste of time and money you buying this thing.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:No it's a complete waste of time and money you buying this thing.

cheers thanks
could you perhaps give a bit more detail?

H Reverb isn't that special and you have a good range of reverbs already. Buying it strikes me as plugin accumulation and nothing more.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:H Reverb isn't that special and you have a good range of reverbs already. Buying it strikes me as plugin accumulation and nothing more.

agreed,thanks ;)

2 words Theo my friend…

Valhalla Plate

I really can't believe you're still giving your money to Waves dude.

sqigls wrote:2 words Theo my friend…

Valhalla Plate
Definitely!

H :-)

If you can get H-verb for $65, then it's an absolute steel!!!! It's an excellent reverb vst and definitely in the top 5 (imo).

My only niggle is that it's pretty CPU intensive. But it's lush sound makes up for it.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

My advice would be that you really don't need it.

But with that said, I bet it's a great workhorse plug. You just don't need it.

I love H Delay, wouldn't be without it... But there's plenty of other delay plugs I could use perfectly happily if I didn't have it.

Interesting replies.

It's my only reverb now. Love it for 3 times your proposed price Theo.
That said, you have loads of stuff already.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

TheoM wrote:I won't have time to test it at all before the hours are up for the other plugins in my cart.. because i have 4 plugins in it and H is the fifth it's actually only $65 to add it.

I have breverb 2, lex pcm, arts acoustic and all the uad stuff. I mean it's probably redundant right but is it fo value? does it have say ultra low cpu, zero latency and a smooth sound? any special features?

cheers
No. If you want something new and for similar amount of money, get Valhalla VintageVerb or new Valhalla Plate. Both miles better than Waves.

Cimbasso wrote:
TheoM wrote:I won't have time to test it at all before the hours are up for the other plugins in my cart.. because i have 4 plugins in it and H is the fifth it's actually only $65 to add it.

cheers
No. If you want something new and for similar amount of money, get Valhalla VintageVerb or new Valhalla Plate. Both miles better than Waves.

i've had the valhalla stuff before ad sold it... twice!. I'm just not interested in them for some reason, whilst still never disputing they are super high quality plugins with one of the best devs around (super nice guy). There is something present in the sound that just doesn't click with me. If i could describe exactly what it was, I would.

as far as the new plate, i am super happy with the UAD stuff there.

as far as the others saying they can't believe i give my money to waves.. well there are many waves plugins i laugh at even, many waves plugins i would never use, but also many that are simply amazing for me.

Maxx volume, maxx bass, tune (my favourite vocal pitch correction plugin of all time and it's like what, 10 years old too?), dBX, doubler, and many many more.

Wait didnt you used to own mercury ?
:borg:

Return to “Effects”