Honestly would you buy H reverb for $65???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote:Wait didnt you used to own mercury ?

correct. now i own select singles.

theo, why dont you download the demo and try by yourself. it is pretty strange making right decission without dmoing and just asking people here... I would say that H-verb is deffinitely something special. It is different from anything you have ever used. In terms of depth it is the best reverb on the market. it is cpu hog but the results matter

sqigls wrote:2 words Theo my friend…

Valhalla Plate
I've only had VPlate for just over an hour, however, it's so smooth and lovely and easy to use that it takes no time to get to know it. Valhalla Plate is like one big sweet spot.

poshook wrote:theo, why dont you download the demo and try by yourself. it is pretty strange making right decission without dmoing and just asking people here... I would say that H-verb is deffinitely something special. It is different from anything you have ever used. In terms of depth it is the best reverb on the market. it is cpu hog but the results matter

I just haven't had the time before the sales timer in my waves cart runs out.. my aunt had a stroke and her brain tumor has been playing up and my mums been beside herself running around doing everything so between a few postings here I don't have time to do anything at present, certainly not make any music. Very high stress family situation going on so i was just going to trust the kvr answers.

transmetropolitan wrote: I love H Delay, wouldn't be without it... But there's plenty of other delay plugs I could use perfectly happily if I didn't have it.
Just bought H-Delay after comparing it to other Delays i have including ValhallaÜberMod (FWIW i also got ValhallaVintageverb and ValhallaPlate).

While ÜberMod mostly could do similar sounds there are a few differences (mostly in the sound) that made me buy H-Delay.
One reason is that it keep the low end of the original sound better, besides that the Attack seems to sound sligtly better and also with playing multiple sustained notes with long Delay times and bigger Feedback amounts it usually does not prdoduce a "mess" like with some other delays. FWFW i love using Ping Pong Delay and H-Delay is perfect for that (while Übermod could do this nicely too).
To sum up H-Delay could sound clean and mostly keep the low end of the original sound while it could also sound "warm" whatever that means (that term is always hard to describe). :)

On the other hand ÜberMod could do lots of stuff not possible with H-Delay so it's not a substitution but an addition for ÜberMod.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:it usually does not prdoduce a "mess" like with some other delays
you mean, it has no character?

sqigls wrote:
Ingonator wrote:it usually does not prdoduce a "mess" like with some other delays
It has plenty of character depending on the settings.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

sqigls wrote:
I would not say that H-Delay does not have it's own "character" (also depends on the settings like mentioned above) but i searched for a nice Ping Pong capable Delay (H-Delay has a dedictaed switch/button for that) and H-Delay could produce very clean and clear digital echo repeats while it is able to keep most of the original sound character of the instrument you use wih it (including the low end).
The fact that H-Delay could sound "clean" does not mean it sounds "cold", actually it usually sound more "warm" like i alraedy mentioned.
Adding a very small amount of LFO modulation could lead to some nice results too.
In the past with some Delays i never want beyond 30% Dry/Wet amount for such kind of sounds but with H-Delay even at 50% or above it still sounds great.

If i want a multitap delay that's also capable of other effetcs like Chorus, Flanger etc. i would still mostly use ValhallaÜberMod. I was able to program a quite good emulation of the Ensemble FX in my Waldorf Streichfett String synth with it.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

after months of searching for plugins i realized it's not the plugin it's the man behind. concentrate on making cool tunes and the rest can be done even with free or cheap alternatives. a great tune not so polished will always sound better than a weak tune polished with the latest plugins. if you have the cash go for it if you don't there are always options out there.

pdxindy wrote:
sqigls wrote:2 words Theo my friend…

Valhalla Plate
I've only had VPlate for just over an hour, however, it's so smooth and lovely and easy to use that it takes no time to get to know it. Valhalla Plate is like one big sweet spot.
Valhalla Plate is great, but I wouldn't compare it to H Reverb at all.

If I were to compare H to a Valhalla plug it would be Vintage Verb.

H Reverb seems to me a deep plugin with a frankly brilliant GUI and workflow that makes it's features very easy to use (the same thing I love about H Delay).

While I have nothing but respect for Sean and Valhalla plugs - and their sound quality is second to none in plugin-land - the Waves GUI and workflow is just blantantly superior.

transmetropolitan wrote:While I have nothing but respect for Sean and Valhalla plugs - and their sound quality is second to none in plugin-land - the Waves GUI and workflow is just blantantly superior.
If you want to tweak lots of stuff, maybe

As time goes by, I prefer simpler. I like where Sean is going cause he is looking at what parameters he can get rid of. Plate is down to 12 parameters. I no longer have an interest in a reverb with 40+ parameters and then spending hours tweaking minutia...

I prefer his simple GUI's too. Clear and sharp, readily resized and the knobs are big and easy to grab on screen.

pdxindy wrote:
transmetropolitan wrote:While I have nothing but respect for Sean and Valhalla plugs - and their sound quality is second to none in plugin-land - the Waves GUI and workflow is just blantantly superior.
If you want to tweak lots of stuff, maybe

As time goes by, I prefer simpler. I like where Sean is going cause he is looking at what parameters he can get rid of. Plate is down to 12 parameters. I no longer have an interest in a reverb with 40+ parameters and then spending hours tweaking minutia...

I prefer his simple GUI's too. Clear and sharp, readily resized and the knobs are big and easy to grab on screen.
The brilliance of the Waves GUI is that it makes a more complex plugin incredibly simple and easy to use (and by that I include that it's quicker and easier to use, relatively speaking, than any of the Valhalla plugs). Everything is laid out logically and you get excellent visual feedback on what your changes are doing to the effect. So for me it's actually the polar opposite of the 'hours tweaking' cliche - getting precisely what you want quickly and easily.

Comparing H - which is by design a digital reverb - to Valhalla Plate - which is emulating a physical plate - is an apples to oranges comparison. And I don't know to what extent Sean has decided to 'get rid of' parameters in the name of simplification. The way I see it, he's included only the parameters that made sense in the context of emulating a plate - which is subtly different.

Don't get me wrong, I love simple and I don't have hours to spend tweaking a reverb even if I wanted to. But with that said, there are occasions where I need an algorithmic reverb to do a specific job.

Let's say I have a complex rototom part that needs to sit back in a dense mix. Let's say I try running it into a standard room IR - there's a real buildup of low mids that reduces the mix headroom and washes out all the detail in the part. Obviously no good. I can EQ the return, which will help but will only make a muddy part a bit less muddy. I can try a different IR which might help but again probably not a great solution... what I really want to do is use an algorithmic verb that I can make less reflective within that frequency range. This makes my rototom part clearer - which also means it can be quieter and still audible. Thus I have effectively created the illusion of space and preserved both the detail in the part and mix headroom.

Granted, that isn't every mix or every part. But for that type of work the Waves GUI is a clear winner for me. I still love Valhalla - and at the end of the day none of these plugs can be all things to all men.

TheoM wrote:
poshook wrote:theo, why dont you download the demo and try by yourself. it is pretty strange making right decission without dmoing and just asking people here... I would say that H-verb is deffinitely something special. It is different from anything you have ever used. In terms of depth it is the best reverb on the market. it is cpu hog but the results matter

I just haven't had the time before the sales timer in my waves cart runs out.. my aunt had a stroke and her brain tumor has been playing up and my mums been beside herself running around doing everything so between a few postings here I don't have time to do anything at present, certainly not make any music. Very high stress family situation going on so i was just going to trust the kvr answers.
I'm really sorry to hear about that, TheoM. If you don't already have Valhalla Vintage reverb, then buy that instead. From my experience H reverb is very good...but if you don't already have the abovementioned, please buy that first. Just my opinion.
Ha ha suck it!

Hmmmm so I have to say.. i went for the plunge..last second GAS, when upset about something, a purchase always helps hehe... and unless I am honestly tripping (which i don't think I am) - this is one of the best reverb plugins I ever heard in my life. :shrug:
I have been playing with it all night.. Waves have done it this time... This is about the only reverb plugin out of the large collection I have, that isn't a spring, that I would use on guitar. The earthiness, the natural extension of the source,yet somehow so sweet sounding, the way it gels, it's just incredible.
GREAT plugin so far... I am actually really happy i jumped on it for once (i usually regret these things after an hour or so lol).
So there you go.
I prefer this on quite a few sources to any of the PCM algorithms ;)

TheoM wrote:this is one of the best reverb plugins I ever heard in my life
Told ya dude ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Effects”