I survived the Black Friday GAS attack!! But the force is strong and the mind is weak

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got the free Waves reverb, and also the Korg M1 for 50% off. I am tempted by Monark at it is only $49.50 right now.

Didn't get anything either. Truth is, the only thing that's really got me excited now is still in beta testing and I haven't even been able to get my hands on it. Other than that, Falcon has been keeping me so busy that I don't even think of getting stuff.

Just as well.

wagtunes wrote:Didn't get anything either. Truth is, the only thing that's really got me excited now is still in beta testing and I haven't even been able to get my hands on it. Other than that, Falcon has been keeping me so busy that I don't even think of getting stuff.

Just as well.
I'm still waiting for both Flexion and Geist betas, those two most definitely interest me.
Ha ha suck it!

Sorely tempted by Soundtoys, but after demoing, I had to say: damn nice, great "warm" (ugh!) vibe, but I've got most of that covered way too many times already. So many delays, so many choruses, filters, what have yous... no, too late for it. Great bundle and great value at this price, though.

Got Reaktor 6 and Obscurium instead, but that's pretty okay for the GAS attack I had. Will get the EAreverb upgrade as well. Wins out over Valhalla plate for me (sacrilege!).

ariston wrote:Sorely tempted by Soundtoys, but after demoing, I had to say: damn nice, great "warm" (ugh!) vibe, but I've got most of that covered way too many times already. So many delays, so many choruses, filters, what have yous... no, too late for it. Great bundle and great value at this price, though.

Got Reaktor 6 and Obscurium instead, but that's pretty okay for the GAS attack I had. Will get the EAreverb upgrade as well. Wins out over Valhalla plate for me (sacrilege!).
I had Reaktor 6 (upgrade from Komplete Ultimate 10), but as great as it is I sold it. I can wait until KU 11, and that goes for all the other post-KU 10 plugins. Gives me a lot to look forward to :)

Plus my relatively recent Spitfire acquisitions are keeping me super busy...I just didn't have time (or money) for a new upgrade, or, well, pretty much any other synths besides the ubiquitous Zebra/HZ.
Last edited by Apostate on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha suck it!

no money from me this year

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Didn't get anything either. Truth is, the only thing that's really got me excited now is still in beta testing and I haven't even been able to get my hands on it. Other than that, Falcon has been keeping me so busy that I don't even think of getting stuff.

Just as well.
I'm still waiting for both Flexion and Geist betas, those two most definitely interest me.
I have no idea what's going on with Flexion. Maybe they've passed me over for the beta team. Kind of disappointing, but whatever.

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

Just as well.
I have no idea what's going on with Flexion. Maybe they've passed me over for the beta team. Kind of disappointing, but whatever.
I don't think that's the case. I haven't heard anything about the beta starting, have you?
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

Just as well.
I don't think that's the case. I haven't heard anything about the beta starting, have you?
The last email I got from them said that the first wave of beta testing was being pushed back to about mid or end of September. It's now almost December and I haven't heard anything since. They're breaking it up into user types. I don't know if they're going with more experienced or less experienced first. I would say more since that's where most of the bugs would be. In which case I have no clue why I wouldn't have been chosen. But like I said, whatever. They may just end up losing me as a buyer with the way they've run this whole thing.

Love the thread title. :D But yeah, nothing here either, except for the Waves freebie, which i'm probably not going to use anyway. I have more than i'd ever need probably anyway...

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

Just as well.
The last email I got from them said that the first wave of beta testing was being pushed back to about mid or end of September. It's now almost December and I haven't heard anything since. They're breaking it up into user types. I don't know if they're going with more experienced or less experienced first. I would say more since that's where most of the bugs would be. In which case I have no clue why I wouldn't have been chosen. But like I said, whatever. They may just end up losing me as a buyer with the way they've run this whole thing.
It has been really strange, the way things have played out. It seems overall a bit unprofessional, to me at least.

Back on topic, I definitely feel your pain, chk071.

I wanted to mention how, due to circumstances conspiring against me buying things this holiday weekend, I've been far more critical from an appraisal perspective when checking out the Black Weekend bargains. For instance, there were sample libraries (like Scenes from the Multiverse/Audio Imperia) that really interested me due to their theme and obviously well processed samples. But as I listened intently, I realized how relatively easy it would be to achieve those sounds with, say, the Spitfire Albions, Edna, Zebra, KU 10. And that went for pretty much every other big sale item I checked out, including Omnisphere (which I've been hearing so many too-good-to-be-true things about all year).

It's just a theory of mine, but I think a lot of those developers count on people looking for a quick solution, and people get such blinding GAS at times they conveniently ignore the fact that the demos are usually heavily processed, and often put into context with a lot of outside party plugins. I think if you already have stuff like Zebra, Serum, Synthmaster, good libraries like Spitfire, East West, etc. you really don't have too much to GAS over.

Keep in mind though, this might be in part sour grapes because I both had too many synths to begin with and found myself too broke to buy anything anyway :lol:
Ha ha suck it!

it took all i had, and i resisted with all my might, but i caved and got the waves reverb. but i already favor convolution verbs. can't pass up free tho.. this year has seen me turning from trying out endless virtual synths to picking out a few i really like and focusing more on making music with them.

update:

no, i will not install "Waves Central" trojan software for a free plugin. FU waves and your bulls**t.
glad i registered with fake user info.

free my ass.....
Last edited by layzer on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Besides the free Waves TrueVerb i bought Waves H-Delay for 49$. Also got ValhallaPlate for the full price (which at least "feels" like a sale...).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'm tempted to pick up the Lexicon LXP bundle. It's going cheap @ jrr and there'd also be the free Sonivox plugin. Can't argue with the value but I just don't know if I need to buy another reverb. I already have a ton of them.

I did succumb a little to the BF hype and picked up a powerline adapter kit. Had a couple of them in my amazon basket for a little while to keep an eye on prices and when one went on lightning sale I snapped it up. Now my DAW is ethernet-connected for the first time instead of having to use wifi.

Apostate wrote:Back on topic, I definitely feel your pain, chk071.
No pain here mate, not at all. :) It rather would be a pain to spend another 100-200 € on stuff which is similar to the stuff i already own... and the real pain is rather that i still haven't taken the time to learn what i have already. Sounds cliché, but it's like that IMO.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”