My thoughts on MuLab after a few weeks of use

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mehum wrote:Yes, this is very much personal preferences. To me a slightly more advanced interface would not make it more complex but actually simpler because of the overview it would give me. That is why I think the current approach becomes over simplistic.
I'll continue finetuning that balance. I'm aware the balance will never be perfect for everyone, that's also why there are so many different DAWs i guess. But have a look at M7 when it's released.
Thank you, I'd be honored to have it featured as a demo track! Not only stock effects used though, but all are of course freeware, this being OSC.
Apart from the OSC, what about trying to replace all VSTs by stock effects? I want to assist where necessary. Pls email me about this, also including the zipped project file.

I was unable to PM you...
Anyway, the project file is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0efb9v1k6ii5h ... oject?dl=0
No audio, so no need to zip :)

I'm a bit strapped for time, plus since I used the OSC license for MuLab I suppose it's expired by now.
The reverbs should be exchangable for MuVerb without much trouble. IVGI is used a few times but could probably be exchanged for the amp distortion unit if done carefully. The mastering chain might be a challenge but doesn't need to be as hot as I've made it here.
I think the biggest challenge is how I used the rather excellent MjucJr on the instrument groups to provide a bit of "auto leveling" (too lazy to do fader rides :) ). Perhaps possible to get the Mux compressor to work in a similar way but not very positive I could make it...
Anyone willing to give it a shot is of course welcome!

I could try it myself, if I have time after finishing my current OSC track and I could get the MuLab license extended a while longer...

Mehum my apologies for the late reply, have been deep into coding M7, but finally found an island of time to reply & follow up. Thanks a lot for sharing your MUX OSC project. Please email me about an extended MuLab user key. Looking forward to make this a 100% pure MuLab demo track! Cheers!

Re relative and percentual, the word percentual does not even exist in English afaik. I have never heard it used by a native speaker, only by Germans and the like :)

Suggestions:
Change note lengths:

to 1 length
by amount
by factor
this 1 only

Return to “MUTOOLS”