30$ from Waves...Pulltec or Doubler ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to put my money on Slick EQ GE Edition mainly for Highshelfs and Push-Pull effect.
Between Waves Pulltec and Slick EQ what would be your choice and why ?

The doubler I find it practicle and quick. Also has a special sound I find that I can't replicate with bus and sends and Haas effects easily. I thought it would speed up my workflow and also add a little plus to my vocals especially.

I'm not willing to spend more than 19$ cause I have almost everything I need already it's just that it's a good opportunity to add a little extra.

What you guys think ?
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I don't own the Waves Pultec, but I have that emulation from a number of other devs.

I DO have the doubler, and it's probably the most used effect in my arsenal. Just the basic doubler default patch, right out of the gate, automatically does wonders for all types of leads: guitars, synths, etc.

I've got a shedload of flange/chorus/phase/doubler effects from all over the place, but the Waves doubler is, by far, the easiest and cleanest to use, IMHO.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If you're after an EQ with different flavours, there's also the H-EQ for $17,10 after voucher at AudioDeluxe. I've just purchased it.

I DO have the doubler, and it's probably the most used effect in my arsenal. Just the basic doubler default patch, right out of the gate, automatically does wonders for all types of leads: guitars, synths, etc.
That's my feel about it. I think it would be very paracticle indeed.

I saw the H-EQ but felt it would distract me further from geting results done. I own VEQ4, KramerEQ, SPLRangers and MeldaEQ. It's obviously more versatile than the Pulltec but it's the sound I'm after here. Unless you tell me it can do the same thing and more...maybe I'll consider buying it.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Sahul wrote:If you're after an EQ with different flavours, there's also the H-EQ for $17,10 after voucher at AudioDeluxe. I've just purchased it.
Seriously hard to pass up H-EQ at that price....

It's a good deal I agree but I think I wont use it.There are some interesting filters in there but I just bought Sknote Stripbus with all kinds of emulations and Melda does it all with the piano, sound anlaysis (100x better).

Doubler is really nice. Still use it and I can recommend that.

Peaked my interest on the H-EQ. However, my plugin folder recently acquired the EQs in the Izotope bundle (Dynamic EQ, Vintage EQ etc, and Hornet SW34 (nice one), plus already have some PSP and RenEQ. I surely didn't think I needed another EQ...but how does this fare?

Boone777 wrote: Unless you tell me it can do the same thing and more...maybe I'll consider buying it.
Waves hasn't revealed the vintage hardware emulated in H-EQ but, according to what some people guessed elsewhere, it could be something like:

US Vintage = Pultec
US Modern = API
UK Vintage 1 = Neve 1073
UK Vintage 2 = Neve 1081
UK Modern = SSL

So yes, Pultec seems to be there.

I was also well served regarding EQ plugins, but the voucher, the MS feature and the possibility to combine bands with different emulations finally convinced me to go through. :phones:

Does everytype of bands has distinct sounds on they're own or is it just the curves it emulates that does the sound ?

SlickEQ? Never heard of this.
Waves Doubler is a very nice plugin, I use it very often and there are not so many competitors (TBH I don't know about a similar plugin from another company but Waves has also the ADT which is also very, very nice)
There are so many EQs available and very often you can also use something you already have. But there are not so many Doublers and so I would buy the Doubler ;)

(there is also the Eventide H3000 Factory which can to this micro-pitchshifting stuff+delay for doubling. But Waves Doubler is easier to use)

I would recommend getting the Musicians Bundle II for just a couple bucks more which includes the doubler and some other goodies like Rvox which is still pretty damn good.

I own MXXX thanks for the suggestion but the rest is more than well covered.
I decided to stick with demo version of slick EQ, wich is actually full version with les options than GE, for now it just does the trick.
I have no license in my cloud after reinstalling demos 3 times. But as soon as I paid for the doubler hey! there it is in the License cloud Thank you wave central...so efficient ! :tantrum:

Doubler, 100%. Pultec is OK, but Doubler is super-versatile and simply one of the best doubler effects out there.

Boone777 wrote:Does everytype of bands has distinct sounds on they're own or is it just the curves it emulates that does the sound ?
Well, it is kind of about the curves in the first place. I'm very interested in the plugin too - I've just gathered, from reading around at gearslutz, that the cpu usage is very high - probably not a suitable eq for all purposes which is what I was hoping for.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yeah definitely if you want the doubler the Musicians 2 bundle (or Gold!) is the way to go

Return to “Effects”