Patchwork parameter mapping - Macro knobs?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I recently switched back to Reaper from Bitwig, and I noticed that I dearly miss it's Macro knob mapping capabilities.

Basically, in each device/VST it allows mapping 8 macro knobs to as many parameters as you want, and you can also define ranges for each parameter.

This is an excellent way to create complex modulations that are easy to control.

See here for a video demonstration:
https://youtu.be/rRZd5G6AMmo?t=313

I think there aren't any container VSTs that support this currently? Is this a feature you'd consider for Patchwork in the future?

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. It is indeed something we have in mind - however it works a bit differently from the parameters mapping that we have implemented today (which is for a singe; parameter so far), as moving the target parameters will not update the "master" parameter, right?

Yep that's right, the target parameters can be adjusted freely. And when you map the master/macro knob to parameter(s), their own value is increased/decreased by the master's amount, scaled by the range you define when mapping it. Hmm.. was that convoluted enough? :lol:

Anyway, the mapping workflow in Bitwig is really simple but effective, with the modulation range shown in blue around the knob. This probably isn't possible on plugin interfaces themselves, but some kind of visualization definitely helps.

Maybe the visualization could be done in Patchwork's interface... something along these lines... :idea:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”