Ableton Sampler/Simpler - Time stretching?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Haven't seen this question in the forum.
I use Ableton's sampler a lot, but what bums me is that when the sample is played on a hi note, it gets shorter (and on low notes, longer). Is there any way in the sampler I can keep the time of the sample but still get a clean sound on the hi/low notes? I know that I could get the result by transposing but that would take hours to make a melody of...

Here's an example, where in the drop the lead vocal sample is being played on hi and low notes but is still in the same tempo/time: https://soundcloud.com/chrissedeski/ade ... ello-remix

Hillbom wrote:Hi!

I use Ableton's sampler a lot, but what bums me is that when the sample is played on a hi note, it gets shorter (and on low notes, longer). Is there any way in the sampler I can keep the time of the sample but still get a clean sound on the hi/low notes? I know that I could get the result by transposing but that would take hours to make a melody of...

Here's an example, where in the drop the lead vocal sample is being played on hi and low notes but is still in the same tempo/time: https://soundcloud.com/chrissedeski/ade ... ello-remix
at this point in development, Simpler has a more versatile sampling engine than Sampler!...don't know if they plan to move the 9.5 features that Simpler gained in that update to Sampler, but I certainly hope the Abes see fit to do that!

That said-
to get your samples not to "chipmunk" when using Simpler, drag sample to Simpler, make sure it's in Classic mode, warping engaged, and choose complex pro warp style.
This will not give you Melodyne style results, but it may work for the sort of biz that is visited in that remix you posted above (...I think some of that may have been vocoded perhaps?)

hopefully this helps some?

Warp is your friend.

blortblort wrote:
Hillbom wrote:Hi!

at this point in development, Simpler has a more versatile sampling engine than Sampler!...don't know if they plan to move the 9.5 features that Simpler gained in that update to Sampler, but I certainly hope the Abes see fit to do that!

That said-
to get your samples not to "chipmunk" when using Simpler, drag sample to Simpler, make sure it's in Classic mode, warping engaged, and choose complex pro warp style.
This will not give you Melodyne style results, but it may work for the sort of biz that is visited in that remix you posted above (...I think some of that may have been vocoded perhaps?)

hopefully this helps some?

I didn't quite get what you mean, I work in Ableton 9, haven't upgraded to 9.5. In 9.5 I've seen the Warp feature in the sampler, but there is no way to warp in the sampler in 9?

well...sort of correct:
there is no warp feature for either simpler OR sampler in 9
there IS warp feature in simpler in 9.5
ther is NO warp feature (...yet...) in sampler in 9.5

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”