30$ from Waves...Pulltec or Doubler ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DubLifeSD wrote:
Sahul wrote:If you're after an EQ with different flavours, there's also the H-EQ for $17,10 after voucher at AudioDeluxe. I've just purchased it.
Seriously hard to pass up H-EQ at that price....
Indeed. This must be the best deal of the whole Black Friday this year. Completely a no-brainer.
No signature here!

Anyone who've tried the Waves NLS?

$69 at audiodeluxe with the gift voucher... Is it so subtle that a happy amateur like wouldn't notice it's presence on the bus and just cruise on ignorantly as usual? :phones:

Edit: Nevermind, that H-EQ may just be the right buy for me, if any. Very nice layout IMO.

gaf_thit wrote:Anyone who've tried the Waves NLS?

$69 at audiodeluxe with the gift voucher... Is it so subtle that a happy amateur like wouldn't notice it's presence on the bus and just cruise on ignorantly as usual? :phones:

Edit: Nevermind, that H-EQ may just be the right buy for me, if any. Very nice layout IMO.
It was the piano roll that sold me. I'll use that all the time. $17 at AudioDeluxe.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Using 30 usd discount you can purchase waves gold for less then 199 wich is imo a better choice then Doubler

robotmonkey wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:
Sahul wrote:If you're after an EQ with different flavours, there's also the H-EQ for $17,10 after voucher at AudioDeluxe. I've just purchased it.
Indeed. This must be the best deal of the whole Black Friday this year. Completely a no-brainer.
Yeah, even I had to give in and pick that up. In my defense, I've been demoing it since last week because I needed an EQ to work with live intro on a second machine. I even started a thread about this looking for a free EQ. The thing is, there really aren't many good free 64 bit EQs that meet my needs. This thing not only meets my needs, but, has a couple of great features that make it worth the cost of admission.

I like the fact that it is both a clinical digital EQ, that's my main use for this sort of thing. But, I also like that it is, for all intents and purposes, a multi-console vintage EQ sim. The best part about the vintage EQ is that you are not constrained to a vintage interface. I also like the hybrid slope mode. This hybrid nature allows me to just have one EQ for most things. I've also been doing a lot in Reaper, and while I love the IR-EQ, it's not really appropriate for everything and I'm not as impressed with the U/I on ReaEQ.

It's not my favorite interface, waves U/I isn't really cutting edge. However, it seemed to be the best compromise on all fronts, including resale. The U/I is better than RenEQ, but that's not saying much.

So, I'm afraid to report that I did not manage to escape black friday with zero dollars spent.

Total new plugs = 4.
Total dollars spent = $17.10

IMO the complete H series is very interesting (H-Comp, H-EQ, H-Delay..).

ghettosynth wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:
Yeah, even I had to give in and pick that up. In my defense, I've been demoing it since last week because I needed an EQ to work with live intro on a second machine. I even started a thread about this looking for a free EQ. The thing is, there really aren't many good free 64 bit EQs that meet my needs. This thing not only meets my needs, but, has a couple of great features that make it worth the cost of admission.

I like the fact that it is both a clinical digital EQ, that's my main use for this sort of thing. But, I also like that it is, for all intents and purposes, a multi-console vintage EQ sim. The best part about the vintage EQ is that you are not constrained to a vintage interface. I also like the hybrid slope mode. This hybrid nature allows me to just have one EQ for most things. I've also been doing a lot in Reaper, and while I love the IR-EQ, it's not really appropriate for everything and I'm not as impressed with the U/I on ReaEQ.

It's not my favorite interface, waves U/I isn't really cutting edge. However, it seemed to be the best compromise on all fronts, including resale. The U/I is better than RenEQ, but that's not saying much.

So, I'm afraid to report that I did not manage to escape black friday with zero dollars spent.

Total new plugs = 4.
How do you find the cpu usage when compared to say, Reaeq? Still deciding how best to use my voucher..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

4damind wrote:SlickEQ? Never heard of this.
Waves Doubler is a very nice plugin, I use it very often and there are not so many competitors (TBH I don't know about a similar plugin from another company but Waves has also the ADT which is also very, very nice)
I have ADT and like it a lot. However, I find it a very hit and miss affair to use properly. Best on vocals is my take. The doubler is more precise/predictable.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

do_androids_dream wrote: How do you find the cpu usage when compared to say, Reaeq? Still deciding how best to use my voucher..
I'm wanting to know that too. That was one concern after reading some posts.

BERFAB wrote:
4damind wrote:SlickEQ? Never heard of this.
Waves Doubler is a very nice plugin, I use it very often and there are not so many competitors (TBH I don't know about a similar plugin from another company but Waves has also the ADT which is also very, very nice)
I have ADT and like it a lot. However, I find it a very hit and miss affair to use properly. Best on vocals is my take. The doubler is more precise/predictable.
Yes, ADT is IMO not a replacement for Doubler but on some sounds it's more pleasing/natural.
Btw. I forget this new Softube "Fix Flanger/Doubler" :dog: This is also very nice and very easy to use plugin.
I've demoed it some days ago with great results. So if people searching for a Doubler and having not so much interest for Waves, this is a plugin which is highly recommended.

ghettosynth wrote: In my defense
Uncontrolled GAS is indefensible :x :smack:
No signature here!

do_androids_dream wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:

Total new plugs = 4.
How do you find the cpu usage when compared to say, Reaeq? Still deciding how best to use my voucher..
About eight times ReaEQ.

bduffy wrote:Doubler, 100%. Pultec is OK, but Doubler is super-versatile and simply one of the best doubler effects out there.

+1

I have to say that for as many waves fx i think are crappy, there are an equal amount that dumfound me. I mean even though overtaken in many genres, they were *pioneers* of them.. L2 for example.. first limiter that could seriously be considered for mastering.. and many still use it today and believe it or not it's pretty decent!

Q10 was the first 10 band EQ plugin and it lets you choose filter type per band. I mean that is just years ahead of its time when released. Even though I would never use it now. But for people opening 15 year old projects, they still provide it in an up to date OS/DAW/64 bit version for their loyal customers.

Doubler is another one of those. It does what it does incredibly well. It's wonderful on guitars, pads, even vocals (although for me their new adt has the edge for vocals).

for years and years there was just nothing like it anywhere.. countless topics of "waves doubler alternative" from those who didn't want to use waves - and there was never any substitute. Now there are quite a few but doubler holds it's own, honestly, even today.

Agree with people recommending Doubler. It's a special plugin and the only one from Waves I currently use.
A well-behaved signature.

Ha... missed this during the sale.

Already had doubler and plenty of pultec emus, but did get the jjpuigtec finally mainly for the mid EQ component.

It's OK... also updated Dorrough to surround for a whopping $7.50 with the coupon.

Oh, yeah... H-Comp for super-cheap as an impulse buy (already had HEQ and the hdelay).

Maybe something else by Waves, but it must not be too important if I can't remember it, right?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Effects”