Any reason to upgrade from Studio One 2 Producer to Studio One 3 Professional?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm asking myself the same question. Another thing you get with the pro version is Melodyne Essential, but I already bought it separately and it works flawlessly in Producer. For the upgrade price of $200 or less I could easily get Bitwig in the Market Place and keep S1v2 Producer. I was hoping Presonus would do a 50% sale on upgrades as they used to, but they didn't yet. Maybe for Christmas.

It would be helpful for those who are saying "It's not stable for me" (or the opposite) to indicate whether you're on a Mac or PC, as well as the OS version. Then at least we could identify a general pattern; I've gotten the impression (from Theo's thread, for one) that Mac S1 users have more problems.

For example, I use Studio One 3 Pro on a PC (Win 8.1), and it's been solid. Then again, I mostly just use the Project Page.

I wanted the Studio One 3 Pro MANUAL, so I could READ FOR MYSELF the various changes and upgrades (or whatever). But, oh, NO, can't have access to that unless I download AND INSTALL the full demo, THEN you have to install the stupid manual separately!? What sort of incredible foolishness is this? The manual is supposedly only 50 MB total, and I think I and my computer can handle the affair all on our own.

Well, I was extremely interested in checking out this latest version of what used to be an iffy and sometimes troublesome DAW. But this really puts me off any business with Presonus. What exactly are they trying to HIDE by not making their manual open and free to the public. Hell, I'd even send them 5 bucks if they are uptight for money.

What is their problem?

One approach = "Scream, curse, farking, freaking, farking, stupid farking MF's, #!$#$!@#$!@#$... " :cry: :cry: :cry:

Another approach = Download the user manual pdf from your demo user account. :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote:One approach = "Scream, curse, farking, freaking, farking, stupid farking MF's, #!$#$!@#$!@#$... " :cry: :cry: :cry:

Another approach = Download the user manual pdf from your demo user account. :shrug:

No fair, fighting with facts and cool logic....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Could folks who've had stability issues elaborate -- when did they tend to occur; which OS and PC specs, etc?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:No fair, fighting with facts ....
Lol. :) It's just the webz, complain first, ask questions later. :hihi:

It wasn't always there since 3.0, but a quick Google would have found that a couple of people had converted it to PDF and shared it even before it was there. Besides that, the manual extension is really just a collection of web pages that can be read on anything with a web browser.

LawrenceF wrote:
lingyai wrote:No fair, fighting with facts ....
Lol. :) It's just the webz, complain first, ask questions later. :hihi:

It wasn't always there since 3.0, but a quick Google would have found that a couple of people had converted it to PDF and shared it even before it was there. Besides that, the manual extension is really just a collection of web pages that can be read on anything with a web browser.
Lol, yourself. Did all that: ran a careful search, nothing, just v2 and junk. Looked all over Presonus site, searched in their search box, found only that has to be installed, etc. Said nothing of any other means. So, once again, it's Presonus' overdone and hard to navigate website. Pretty website. Too bad it takes forever to find what you're looking for. So typical of site design these days: real pretty but no substance, just like some other places ...

Thanks for posting solution. Should have just skipped any searching. I will next time.

MarlaPodolski wrote:overdone and hard to navigate website. Pretty website. Too bad it takes forever to find what you're looking for.
No offense intended, really, none, but now we're into...

"I moaned loudly about something that didn't make any sense so now I must defend it all all costs and not be wrong on the Internet..."

... territory. :neutral: The "Owners Manuals" link is on the same web page as the demo download. All you had to do was click it... there's nothing to "look for"... it's right there... on the same web page, in pretty big letters. I don't see anything hard to navigate there.

Amazing to me how people deal with all of these really complex daws and can't even navigate a basic web page. :(

Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now Lawrence your being too rational. This is the kvetching thread..
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Just for clarity, because there was so much initial moaning about not being able to read the manual anywhere, before the PDF's showed up, it - the extension installer file - is just a simple zip package. Unzip it and you'll see a "Help" folder with all of the HTML files in it. You can put that folder anywhere and read it.

I much prefer PDF help files like most others, but this isn't exactly rocket science compared to ASIO and all of the other complex stuff we deal with... here's the extension installer in 7-zip...

It's nothing but a local website, html pages and Javascript, it can run on any device that has a web browser, which is all of them...

... and you'd think people that deal with really highly technical things like daws wouldn't have very much trouble copying a simple file folder with html files in it to a device to read it from anywhere...

LawrenceF wrote:Just for clarity, because there was so much initial moaning about not being able to read the manual anywhere, before the PDF's showed up, it - the extension installer file - is just a simple zip package. Unzip it and you'll see a "Help" folder with all of the HTML files in it. You can put that folder anywhere and read it.

I much prefer PDF help files like most others, but this isn't exactly rocket science compared to ASIO and all of the other complex stuff we deal with... here's the extension installer in 7-zip...

It's nothing but a local website, html pages and Javascript, it can run on any device that has a web browser, which is all of them...

... and you'd think people that deal with really highly technical things like daws wouldn't have very much trouble copying a simple file folder with html files in it to a device to read it from anywhere...

This is a great explanation, but hilarious that it was needed for a help file (and its installer).

What can we expect to be made 'simpler' in v4? Ive got my fingers crossed for an S1 desktop shortcut installer. Its hard to make shortcuts (finding files, clicking, dragging, etc) when they get deleted by accident, id rather just run exe's. :)

I almost agree with you though...

... and you'd think people that deal with really highly technical things like daws wouldn't have very much trouble copying a simple file folder with html files in to their S1 folder, no need for the installer.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

It initially played out like this...

Q: There's no PDF file and I often read manuals on the toilet or whatever so... how can I do that?

A: Go here (a path on mac or pc where it installs) and grab the html files and put them wherever you want, for now, and read away, for now.

Q: But I want a PDF!

A: Yeah, me too. :) PDF is better. But if you want to read it from anywhere - like right now, like today or tomorrow - go copy that html folder and put it anywhere so you can read it anywhere. Takes all of 5 minutes. Or don't, keep shouting about how dumb it is and wait for a PDF and just - don't - have the easy ability to read it from anywhere until or unless a PDF ever shows up. Your choice.

That's pretty much how it all went. :) In the interim, I was ejecting a double cheese pizza while reading the manual on my iPad, with minimal effort. (minimal effort for the file copy, not ejecting the pizza :))

I think it is a good idea to place a link to the pdf file where it explains all the new features of S1v3, like "Want to know more details? Read the freely available manual here" or something like this. So to attract more the visitor and hook him/her into reading the manual. Marketing?

Yep. They should do something like put up a "What's New?" web page so people can read about the new features and watch videos on all the new features. I wonder why nobody at PreSonus thought of that? Seems like a no-brainer.

http://studioone.presonus.com/whats-new

:hihi: (friendly chain yank, I get your "more details" comment, was just joking :) although, that page is pretty detailed when you dig into the text)

Being more serious, the only way to "really get into the weeds" on major updates is to demo. No way around it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”