In The Studio with Jean-Michel Jarre

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dare you watch this new all revealing video about the evolution of electronic music, with your host Jean-Michel

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... hel-jarre/

Jarre’s 17 studio albums have totaled over 80 million sales
I wonder if he's another one of those artists who says that there's no budgets from record companies for proper studio time these days. HaHa. 80 Million. Even Cluckie The Chicken can't compete with that.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gotta love it!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

the End is great....Mic Stand and Tape!!! Great!!!!!!!!

So today I got the new Jarre digipak in my hand, glass mastered by those nice persons up at Sony DADC in Austria

Interesting that it opens left to right

do_androids_dream wrote:It all plods along inoffensively I guess. Absolutely nothing memorable about it though. I just don't get the point of albums like this. I grew up on Jarre - everything he did up until Rendezvous was listened to again and again by myself in my early teens - it really seemed like he had something to say. But, most stuff from the past 20 years or so just smacks of a man who's no longer got anything to say - just going through the motions. I've nothing against that I guess if you're still having fun. The mastering is very bad as well - I'm not blaming the engineer - I would guess he had to push it at least 2dB louder than was appropriate for the music - and thus it sounds pretty lifeless and even distorted in places. I dread to see what the limiter was doing..
A lot of artists call that ^ "evolution" but it is interesting that it seems to happen to every single one of them.
Is it age, or is it other socio-cultural influences as well as internal changes of the person themselves.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Numanoid wrote:So today I got the new Jarre digipak in my hand,
Interesting that it opens left to right
Probably Jarre is left handed. :clown:

After a week or so listening to the new album, I have to say that it is pretty good :tu:

I don't like vocals on tracks, so the ones with Moby, Little Boots and Pete T I weeded out of the playlist

I would also have preferred that it had more of the concept album approach that Jarre is know for in the past, that the tracks flow into each other and sits well together on album. This new release sounds pretty much like a compilation.

Numanoid wrote:This new release sounds pretty much like a compilation.
Indeed. And on many tracks the featured artists seem to bring 80% their style, while Jarre has only 20% contribution. But I like it anyway.

Numanoid wrote:I don't like vocals on tracks, so the ones with Moby
You just missed out on an awesome track
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I don't like vocals on tracks, so the ones with Moby
You just missed out on an awesome track
:ud: here. I like Moby a lot, but not this track.

Return to “Instruments”