IK Multimedia announced Miroslav Philharmonik 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miroslav Philharmonik 2

How do you get the long time user credits? I've had it since back in the day when it came with an eLicenser. Before all the crazy sales.

MikeCallon wrote:
Jordan37 wrote:I got the free 50 Jam Points automatically in my account as a longtime user of Miro Phil version 1.
Apologies if this has already been answered - but what determines this ? I've owned Total Studio since 2013 .... should I have 50 Jam Points in my account ? If so, how do I get this resolved ?
For the 50 bonus JamPoints you must have registered Miroslav Philharmonik before 2010. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I registered in the year 2009 and no jam points showed up in my account. I'm going to go pout in the corner now. Seriously though, is this automatic? Do I need to contact support regarding this or are they still working on delving out the cash to us?

I just submitted a support ticket. Right after that I went back into my account and BAM!!! Here is a free gift to you, 50 jam points. So it must just be getting distributed here and there and not all at once to every member.

monkeymanx wrote:I just submitted a support ticket. Right after that I went back into my account and BAM!!! Here is a free gift to you, 50 jam points. So it must just be getting distributed here and there and not all at once to every member.
You have to log on to your User Area for them to show up, is what I was told.

Also, in general and not as a reply to the above quote: I am told that the release date for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 has been set for December 17, 2015.

Well, no additional Info, demos or videos before the release of MP2?

Just a reality check: the articulations are more or less comparable directly with VSL SE Vol. 1. Which from VSL (you can buy it for less) is 295 Euro (313USD). While $199 isn't that dear, @ the list of $299 IK is up against VSL in the marketplace.

Wow, VSL SE Vol. 1 looks very flexible. (edit: well, looking at the $150 pro player yeah, that increases the cost a lot.)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I think VSL SE is a kind of trap. You end up buying other VSL libraries for more articulations.

Naoki Ohmori wrote:I think VSL SE is a kind of trap. You end up buying other VSL libraries for more articulations.
That is your pov. I was glad not to pay the whole package for big money because i didn't had any use for it in the beginning. Then i bought the plus packages for cheap money during sales one after another. Now i have all articulations i need. On a side note this is common practice by many developers not only VSL and there is a reason for it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, all platforms are essentially 'traps' in that they hope to get repeat business once you have some investment in their platform, and it works. I got a UVI Digital Synsations license the other day and have been perusing their wares ever since. That was a very nice trap I was happy to fall into.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yeah it's my POV. However, comparing to other developers libraries(except for Spitfire), collecting articulations you need on VSL lib is going to be quite expensive even if the libraries are on sale. It should be no problem if you are rich, though.

jancivil wrote:Just a reality check: the articulations are more or less comparable directly with VSL SE Vol. 1. Which from VSL (you can buy it for less) is 295 Euro (313USD). While $199 isn't that dear, @ the list of $299 IK is up against VSL in the marketplace.
...with the fact that VSL seems much more solid and reliable when speaking about realism of orchestral phrases. I begin to have some doubts regarding the effectiveness of miroslav 2 in obtaining realistic orchestral stuff.
i would rather invest money in something else.

Naoki Ohmori wrote:Well, no additional Info, demos or videos before the release of MP2?
I am told they are coming. I've re-sent this request to stress it, thanks.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Naoki Ohmori wrote:Well, no additional Info, demos or videos before the release of MP2?
I am told they are coming. I've re-sent this request to stress it, thanks.
Thanks, Peter.
I almost make up my mind to buy MP2 but hopefully I'd like to check out additional demos or videos before the release. :)

Return to “Instruments”