Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Wow....nice overview of Cubase
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

incubus wrote:My time machine says that you'll need to be to at least 9.5 to be happy.
9.5? Maybe 11. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Just for the record: Ed Doll (Steinberg Customer Support Manager) mentioned on their forum that the official release of 8.5 is "some time today" - hopefully with even more information and videos, because I am still not fully convinced about an immediate update so far somewhow.

Looks like a useful update, quite a lot of "finally" features. Main thing I'm still waiting for is audio engine / responsiveness stuff. The problem with the media bay whizziness is that most of that stuff is integrated into Stienberg content only.

Pocket money upgrade though, so I'll have it easily for the usability improvements that are there, even if I never touch their cloud thing, chord pads and Retrologue 2.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Okay guys, get ready :) Steinberg website is in maintenance mode, saying "We’re preparing the Cubase 8.5 launch and will be back soon!"

Edit: They are preparing rather thoroughly, still in maintenance mode after an hour :D

From their Facebook page, it is still a few hours away...

I'm going to upgrade as i like to be on the current version however I haven't seen anything yet which gives me a wow factor. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when I start using it as often its the smaller features which can make a difference

Well the steinberg page is being updated, launch day today apparently, cool :clap: :party:

tonymax wrote:Well the steinberg page is being updated, launch day today apparently, cool :clap: :party:
... and the update already takes two hours and counting.

[sarcasm]
I wonder what great things they will present considering such a long maintenance time
[/sarcasm]

According to the videos there's nothing groundbreaking in this update, only minor enhancements here and there. A bit poor for a .5 version, in my opinion. I don't think I will upgrade my copy for now.

... and then another 3 month until all bugs are fixed !
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Sahul, it's 2015, nobody will put grundbreaking features in .5 update anymore.
I'm glad they keep improving MIDI Editors.

So much for comparing table of contents between manuals that i did, and finding maybe 2% of improvements.

Really impressed by videos - will really give CP8.5 a serious go to be main daw. I really bought CP8 for notation and at discount 30% for crossgrades from Elements earlier this fall it was just another $100 or so extra as for a comparable notation software.

Some quirks hard to get used to - like instead of just selecting a send as pre/post you move it to a certain slot reserved for pre.

Was Inspector still just able to open one section at a time - weird?

Punch-in point separate from loop points is really necessary, but now it's there.
I really appreciate many things covered in videos - but I'm not that interested in new content and plugins, workflow is way to go. It's all in the details you do hundreds of times each project.
Quite impressed TBH....

lfm wrote:...............
I really appreciate many things covered in videos - but I'm not that interested in new content and plugins, workflow is way to go. It's all in the details you do hundreds of times each project.
Quite impressed TBH
That summarize how I feel about it too tbh. It is for me valuable workflow improvements more than new features.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”