Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

TEKing66 wrote:I upgraded from Rapture 1.0 to Rapture Pro, both work flawlessly side by side or together in the same project.
And my DSF libraries all seem to load just fine in Rapture Pro, though I usually do tweak them to suit me and the music being worked on at the time.
Numanoid wrote:
HM wrote:Sorry for my stupidity ,.. but why is it important with VST2-support ?
More options aint bad

I got a bug with the Rapture Pro VST3 in FL Studio 11, that I don't think would have been there if I could have loaded it as VST2 instead
Thanks for explaining Numanoid !

Guess I am safe with Studio One in this case, the only host I use,

TEKing66:

Good to see you got it working included the DSF stuff, we are on same host except I am still on version 2, but think VST3 was implemented in version 2 also, even when I cant find a VST3 folder right now,..
HM

VST 2 works fine for me in Live 64-bit (Windows)

HM wrote: Good to see you got it working included the DSF stuff, we are on same host except I am still on version 2, but think VST3 was implemented in version 2 also, even when I cant find a VST3 folder right now,..
Yea man, Studio One version 2 has VST3 support.

Look under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\", on my system I have a VST3 folder there and a VST2 folder there as well.

A 64-bit system will have the 64-bit plugins in VST3 folder in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\" and 32-bit versions of the plugins will be under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\"

Hope that helps.
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

Rapture Session, I get quoted a price at $30 when logged in

Is that the same for everybody, they didn't state any offer when launching it now

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/cakewalk-r ... port-31991

I have been fairly vocal towards Rapture Pro since release, I was one of those who pre ordered :dog: . I just tried reinstalled Rapture Pro to try the latest version and any issues that I had are no longer there and all seems fine. A shame it has taken 8 months to get where it should have been on release day, but I can say (for me at least) Rapture Pro is finally here. :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

Numanoid wrote:Rapture Session, I get quoted a price at $30 when logged in

Is that the same for everybody, they didn't state any offer when launching it now

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/cakewalk-r ... port-31991
I haven't logged in yet (at work and can't remember my password since it's over a year since I last logged in), why are Cakewalk keeping the price of Rapture Session so secret? What a bizarre way to try to sell a product.

TEKing66 wrote:
HM wrote: Good to see you got it working included the DSF stuff, we are on same host except I am still on version 2, but think VST3 was implemented in version 2 also, even when I cant find a VST3 folder right now,..
Yea man, Studio One version 2 has VST3 support.

Look under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\", on my system I have a VST3 folder there and a VST2 folder there as well.

A 64-bit system will have the 64-bit plugins in VST3 folder in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\" and 32-bit versions of the plugins will be under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\"

Hope that helps.
Thanks, guess there is no vst3 folder on that location, maybe becouse its a clean S1 install with nothing else installed yet, (vst's),...

Good to hear all the good feedback on Rapture Pro, just bought it, hope to be able to upgrade my Studio One 2 Pro also, wonder when, and if, to expext a sale on that ;-) (used to be quite often)
HM

Hi
Latest version of Rapture Pro is quite usable ? I mean, no more installation\factory content issues or something else ? (On VST2 \ Win system at least).
Sorry, not watched topic long time.

Still only VST3 as far as I know

The installation process via the CCC worked painlessly for me, but some other users has reported big problems with it so Cakewalk can not rest on their laurels yet

Numanoid wrote:Still only VST3 as far as I know

The installation process via the CCC worked painlessly for me, but some other users has reported big problems with it so Cakewalk can not rest on their laurels yet
Received, thanks.

Numanoid wrote:Still only VST3 as far as I know

I had some issues with Z3ta+ 2 (essentially 32-bit version is not installed) but none with Rapture Pro whatsoever. Works flawlessly with CCC.
Fernando (FMR)

It's not VST3-only. VST3 and 2.4 working just fine over here.

There's no VST 2 on Mac though.

Thanks for info. Sorry, what is CCC ? ))
fmr wrote: I had some issues with Z3ta+ 2 (essentially 32-bit version is not installed)
What kind of issues ?

c_voltage wrote:Thanks for info. Sorry, what is CCC ? ))
fmr wrote: I had some issues with Z3ta+ 2 (essentially 32-bit version is not installed)
What kind of issues ?
CCC is Cakewalk Command Center, the software that now takes control of downloads, updates and authorizations. The issue with Z3ta+ 2, as I said was related with the update of the 32-bit version. While with Rapture Pro update user is given the option to choose to install 32-bit and 64-bit, with Z3ta+ it simply installs the 64-bit, and doesn't ask anything.

It wasn't a big deal, because I located the installer afterwards, runned it again, and was given the choice then. I installed the 32-bit that time, and I now have both perfectly working.

With Rapture pro, you have the choice right when CCC launches the installer.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”