MPowerSynth arp with volume envelope

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a chipmusician and I love MPowerSynth, even though I am still a beginner at using it. You can do some things with its modulators and PWM/morphing that haven't been possible since the Amiga days.

I can't figure out how to do the following though, and maybe someone can help me?

How do I use the arpeggiator and having a volume envelope that gets retriggered when doing a chord in my DAW (i e not retriggered by every note in the arpeggiator)? I've tried almost everything. Tried different modes of monophonic/polyphonic, and also the "only on first note" in the modulator retrig section, but nothing works the way I want it to do.

So essentially, when I push C-E-G on my midi keyboard, I want an arp that fades out.

:) BONUS question:
Is there a simple way of setting up note portamendos (down) without using the midi pitchbend? Maybe like triggering a modulator with a specific note/midi code. I use a lot of portamendo down just before the end of notes, but midi pitch bend is a bit tedious using here.

Yeah, thats not possible via ADSR envelope because they are triggered by the arp generated notes.

You can use a synced modulator to start an envelope on each bar or each quarter for example, that would work if you only play full or quarter notes. If you play varying note lengths, you would have to draw the fade outs via midi CC.

Portamento down: if you want every note to have a pitch down at the end, you can use the pitch env for that. You can let the pitch down start after a fixed time, or after note off (e.g. via custom shape, then you need to use custom shape for volume env, too, to let the sound stay alive after note-off for some time.

PS: if you only need a monophonic arpeggiator, you can use a modulator in step sequencer mode for that. I did this in the arps of my SID soundset
http://www.zentralmassiv-sound.com/drupal/sidsounds

Return to “MeldaProduction”