Reaktor 6 block based synth better than most

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I believe whats special about blocks is that all the inputs and output signals are audio rate.
Which is why CPU usage is much higher and why its able to interface with hardware kit via CV.
This is only special if you weren't a Reaktor programmer before who understood how to use core. This is not intrinsic to blocks, it's just a part of the blocks standard.

ghettosynth wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:I believe whats special about blocks is that all the inputs and output signals are audio rate.
Which is why CPU usage is much higher and why its able to interface with hardware kit via CV.
This is only special if you weren't a Reaktor programmer before who understood how to use core. This is not intrinsic to blocks, it's just a part of the blocks standard.
Yes but this is why you can't interface a normal instrument into a blocks instrument
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Yes but this is why you can't interface a normal instrument into a blocks instrument
Nope. What is a normal instrument? It's just one of many standards in Reaktor. You can certainly interface blocks instruments to other instruments.

There's a lot of misinformation being spread about R6.

They are better coded and well designed also. They're made to sound good in their own right as opposed to being a compromise :)

I totally agree, even some of the FX I've made with it sound better than some good commercial software. Maybe 6-10x the CPU usage, but I'd much rather high cpu and a great sound.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”