Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got my Minilogue a few hours ago and I am liking the delay... I think it is good for character...if I want a more tame sound... I'll route through efx via my DAW. Quite surprised... I got mine from Long and McQuade in Canada... I wasn't expecting it until March.

Mutant wrote:If anyone here wants the clicky one, go to GS and talk to this guy:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... h-131.html
Maybe you can haggle a good price.

Mutant wrote:If anyone here wants the clicky one, go to GS and talk to this guy:
There our deal went down the drain, I see. Then I am free to pick on you, right?

I think he was only pointing out that Mr. Click himself, the illustrious "Mr. Jupiter" is selling the actual Minilogue featured in the infamous youtube video. So, I think it doesn't count towards whatever deal you guys made because he wasn't just mentioning clicks per se. So, I think it's all good. :tu: :hug: :party:

I took a peak at that link and personally I wouldn't want that particular unit even if it were offered to me for free. Too many bad vibes associated with the former owner. :)

Unless you wanted to pay extra to have a witch doctor come in and perform a cleansing ceremony... which depending on the intensity of said 'bad juju' may or may not even work, or at least not unless you were willing to as they say go "whole hog" and pay for the deluxe ceremony. Imo, you are better off just paying the full price for a shiny new unit and waiting a little if needed and not bringing that bad energy into your studio and into your life or into the life of those around you.

Okay back to the original discussion...

Congratulations, Scotty!!! I think you're going to love this synth!

@sequent. How do you know that saw wave from GS is Mr. Jupiter?

Edit: Oh I see. Same user name on the vid

However, the deal was not to mention anything about clicks for a year, so in this respect the deal is broken.

I read that gearslutz thread that Mutant mentioned. The guy uses the same screen name that he used on the rekkerd forum.

Yes I saw that afterwards. I wil consider it a slip of the tongue then. Nevermind.

BTW: If I was Mr. Jupiter, I would contact the store and ask them to send me another unit. If the problems persists, then it seems like a general design quirk/choise and the synth may not be for him.

IncarnateX wrote:Yes I saw that afterwards. I wil consider it a slip of the tongue then. Nevermind.

BTW: If I was Mr. Jupiter, I would contact the store and ask them to send me another unit. If the problems persists, then it seems like a general design quirk/choise and the synth may not be for him.
Return it to the store ? Something that sensible and unassuming ?

Clearly you haven't read the Attention Whore's Manifesto.

by the way...going back to the delay discussion, apparently the 1.04 firmware update 'drastically' improves the delay and apparently the noise 'issue' has been vastly improved.. :shrug: ... at any rate, explains why early demos definitely sounded like an analog delay to some, myself included.

maybe current owners in this thread can comment on this, when they get the chance

DJ Warmonger wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
Well initially the reason that VA was created was to use the rather cheap CPU power available to make synthesizers sound like analog. I suppose that analog circuit ICs are now cheap enough that its almost as cheap to build a real analog.
The problem with analog circuits is that they are LARGE and thus expensive, while integrated circuits are not.
You do know that integrated circuits can be entirely analog, dont you? Hence the use of SSM and CEM IC's in lots of the 'classic' analog polys; they made those circuits smaller and cheaper.
Custom integrated circuits cost as well, especially in low-volume production.
Yes I know. Not that it refutes what I said, nor does it support the false dichotomy you created between 'analogue circuits' and 'integrated circuits.'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Someone like Korg is most likely not going to be manufacturing custom IC's in low volume numbers. Not compared to a smaller manufacturer with comparatively smaller pockets. Also another reason why we are probably going to see more analog/analogue designs from Korg in the future, especially if the current lineup does well.

i'd love to see korg put out some eurorack modules ... you know they'd be boss - at least full of character, and reasonably priced.

That would be sweet.

Daags wrote:by the way...going back to the delay discussion, apparently the 1.04 firmware update 'drastically' improves the delay and apparently the noise 'issue' has been vastly improved.. :shrug: ... at any rate, explains why early demos definitely sounded like an analog delay to some, myself included.

maybe current owners in this thread can comment on this, when they get the chance
I've owned around 20 analog delays and really only the Electro Harmonix stuff and a couple no name Chinese pedals were noisy. Ibanez, Boss, Moog, and MXR delays aren't especially noisy. I would characterize analog delays as softer and rounder sounding than digital delays.

My experience with the pre-1.04 Minilogue delay was that it was noisier than I liked.

Sequent wrote:Someone like Korg is most likely not going to be manufacturing custom IC's in low volume numbers. Not compared to a smaller manufacturer with comparatively smaller pockets. Also another reason why we are probably going to see more analog/analogue designs from Korg in the future, especially if the current lineup does well.
Exactly. The Minilogue is Korg's big product for the year. I'm absolutely certain that they'll follow it up with something, I'm guessing it'll be a module but I've been telling them to make it a full-sized keyboard with more voices.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”