Does anyone NOT like soft synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't like em, I love them. I'm addicted I guess, among other addictions....

thejonsolo wrote:You resurrected a 4 year old thread to tell us you don't like Diva?
:lol: I love old threads, especially finding my posts. I always have that apprehension and think, "I hope I wasn't stupid back then..."
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Taurus wrote:I love softsynths until they sounds like diva and other circuit simulated synths. I love also the interaction with the mouse and the overview on a big screen. All important stuff is at one place, that has a great workflow.
I loved 'em back in '12 and I still love 'em in '16 :love:

Taurus wrote:I love softsynths until they sounds like diva and other circuit simulated synths.
So now you don't love them anymore? :P

Necroposting is bad, m'kay? Until you're told to necropost. Wait. What?

It's funny, you're told not to necropost, until you decide to ask a question about a subject that, unbeknownst to you, has been covered at some random point in history. So you post a thread, get told to look at any number of previous threads (which may or may not be years old), and you close your newly-created thread. You go back to search, and none of the referenced threads actually answer the exact question you were asking in the first place.

Sorry, just a little sore.

On-topic, softsynths are AWESOME! They allow me to do things I never could with hardware, my abilities considered. :D

About topic and a post from four years ago: who cares if this thread was posted just to post something. A little pointless fun every once in a while is a GOOD thing. :)
Blue Phase Music

chk071 wrote:
Taurus wrote:I love softsynths until they sounds like diva and other circuit simulated synths.
So now you don't love them anymore? :P
damm my bad english hits me again^^

I mean from the point they sounds like diva. ;-)

Yeah, got you right, i was just kidding around a bit. :) Well, it's true, soft synths sound so good these days.

Loves 'em. So...nope.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

I like them in a basement 8)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I love all my synths - software and hardware. They each do a certain thing that nothing else in my quiver does.

Soft synths are like toilet paper, I need them, but I don't really like them.

I remember programming a DX7. And I know what programming FM8 is like. So... do I like softsynths?

Whatever your opinion, they are great and very capable tools. If you can't make arresting music with these tools, you have only yourself to blame.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Soft synths are like toilet paper, I need them, but I don't really like them.
I love my toilet paper! Can't be too soft, nor too hard. The right amount of friction, balanced with the right amount of cottony goodness. Too soft will leave you sore, too hard will, too. Aye, there's the rub.

Another possible answer: hardware synth makers and dealers :)

ariston wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Soft synths are like toilet paper, I need them, but I don't really like them.
I love my toilet paper! Can't be too soft, nor too hard. The right amount of friction, balanced with the right amount of cottony goodness. Too soft will leave you sore, too hard will, too. Aye, there's the rub.
And you can stack several layers, if it is not thick enough :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”