Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleScience wrote:Added new sounds and tweaking the others. Here's how it sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... ule-demo-2

:hyper:
Nice demo. What a great sound! This whole project is such a great idea and so generous. Still have your Pastoral Tones on my buy-list too. You make great stuff.

There was a thread on the Soundware section where a guy was justifying the inflated price of his preset bank by saying that making presets with that particular synth was more time consuming than most, hence the higher price.

And yet... Orion Sound Module exists. Explain that :hyper:

MogwaiBoy wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Added new sounds and tweaking the others. Here's how it sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... ule-demo-2

:hyper:
Nice demo. What a great sound! This whole project is such a great idea and so generous. Still have your Pastoral Tones on my buy-list too. You make great stuff.

There was a thread on the Soundware section where a guy was justifying the inflated price of his preset bank by saying that making presets with that particular synth was more time consuming than most, hence the higher price.

And yet... Orion Sound Module exists. Explain that :hyper:
To be fair with the other guy, I'll explain :D : I use samples that are available in the public domain, so I don't have to record them, which means that it saves me a lot of time. For this reason, Orion Sound Module is like a community project. Anyone can send me sounds they have made and I'll ad them to the plugin (as long as they donate it to the public domain). So I'm not alone behind the project.

Most of the time I spent in creating new sounds for Orion is on conversion, editing and processing those public domain sounds. Some of it is done manually, the rest is done with batch processing. So sometimes I'll work on a pd sound set and I'll realize that the labeled tuning is bad, then it becomes time consuming to rename properly the samples.

That been said, even with batch processing there's already 1 month of work in Orion if not more. Finding the samples, testing them, editing them, making sure they are public domain, etc. Sometimes I'll just trow in the bin a sound set that was promising but sounded too bad as an instrument. I like lofi and retro, but the sounds have to be consistent. Fishy samples are discarded very quickly too, because there's people who will put copyrighted samples and label them as pd. This is something I have to check.

So yeah, you might be right after all. :lol:

Another sound demo:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... und-demo-4

I've worked on Orion all day and now the plugin has close to 100 instruments. There's still bugs to fix though. I'm doing my best considering the limitations of the source material. As you can hear, it still sound pretty good.

I've just finished the update. There is now a total of 97 instruments included in Orion Sound Module! What's new:

- Fixed bad loop points in some instruments
- Added more than 30 new instruments
- Fixed tuning problems with some instruments
- The CH now cut the OH in the included drum kits
- All the included drum kits are GM MIDI compatible
- The library has been optimized

It's v1.1: http://www.samplescience.ca/2016/01/ori ... odule.html

That's be pretty much it for a while, since I've already spent a lot of time on this project. Hopefully, people will like it. I think it's a good plugin for retro videogame soundtrack works, for sketching ideas and to learn computer music by starting with something simple.

Enjoy!

SampleScience wrote:Now that's weird. I provide the instrument for free and it gets pirated all over the place. It's kind of useless since there's no ads on my website, while there's plenty of ads on those pirate websites. Furthermore, I provide one simple download link by email, while the instrument is split in 4 parts on those sites. Ah well, people are strange...
like what i was saying in another post.. there are a certain percentage of people that will simply always use pirated versions no matter what...and this way the crackers get to put their name on it and an nfo that makes it seem like a big release and how once again, they are "giving to the community.

Thank you for an exceptional freebie, a rompler such as this is always MOST welcome. :tu:

Nice job. I'm having fun playing around with all the new sounds. You can get a pretty good rock band going there with the keys, guitars, bass and drums. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Really great job :clap:

Its not only a band, orchestra, ethnic ensemble, evrything :o

And something for to take evrywhere with nearly evry small laptop you can imagine :tu:

Like Bigcat, thank you a lot for this great work :tu:

I know should be a simple sampler and your further thoughts go on additional soundbanks and not on modelling. And I dont have no idea if it is possible and how difficult to do but what would be great to layer/morph 2 instruments, just as a stupid idea from someone who dont really know what he is talking about :oops:

tatanka wrote:Really great job :clap:

Its not only a band, orchestra, ethnic ensemble, evrything :o

And something for to take evrywhere with nearly evry small laptop you can imagine :tu:

Like Bigcat, thank you a lot for this great work :tu:

I know should be a simple sampler and your further thoughts go on additional soundbanks and not on modelling. And I dont have no idea if it is possible and how difficult to do but what would be great to layer/morph 2 instruments, just as a stupid idea from someone who dont really know what he is talking about :oops:
Glad you like it guys! It would be possible, but way too much work as I'd have to redesign the whole GUI (graphical user interface).

Already 6000+ downloads, I'm happy to know that Orion Sound Module is finding a place in many people's music productions! Also, I would like to thank the people who donated, it gave me the time to at the 30+ instruments/sounds to it plus fix the other problems found in the original version of the plugin (bad loop points, typos, etc).

Cheers! :)

Wow that is a ton of downloads this early on! I mentioned it on Reddit. Hopefully this makes folks aware of your site and your other cool stuff.

bigcat1969 wrote:Wow that is a ton of downloads this early on! I mentioned it on Reddit. Hopefully this makes folks aware of your site and your other cool stuff.
Thanks! I'm sure it will, as Reddit is very popular. By the way I liked your comment on BPB where you said that Orion can load other Maize instruments. It's true and I didn't even think of it. People can use it as some sort of Maize sampler instrument player and have only one dll for multiple instruments, which is quite cool.

:D ohh. other Maize instruments?

Pytchblend wrote::D ohh. other Maize instruments?
Yeah, if you're on Windows, just go to the instrument folder of your maize made plugins and you'll be able to load the .mse files in Orion Sound Module. Everything will change, the GUI and sounds (obviously). Could be interesting for some people...

Yeah it is a cool little extra feature, plus it lets me pretend that those flutes made the final cut! ;P

Wow, and you can even copy the mse to the orion instrument folder and get it directly as preset in Orion :o

This way you can make your own kind of "soundbank" with best of deleting the ones you dont like :o

Anyone has any links to in that stile made free maize instruments apart of the ones by bigcat ?

I just realized that the ones from dubturbo (apart from copyrights, thats another question of course) wont work cause the instruments are encapsulated in the dll

Return to “Instruments”