[Version 1.2.0] Shattered Glass Audio updates Code Red and Code Red Free (Console Emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Code Red Code Red Free

Code Red is inspired by two versions of the classic, all tube, British console form the 1960s most closely associated with the sound of The Beatles.
The original, "Pop" and "Classic", EQs had fixed characteristic frequencies and Qs so we thought it would be nice to make the EQ fully adjustable. While we were at it we added two more mid bands and a high pass filter. Fear not, the original EQs are still available, as presets.
Two preamp models, based on the full circuit simulation, accurately emulate preamps used in two versions of the original console this plug-in is based on.

Version 1.2.0:
  • Added support for AAX. There is no need for an additional license if you already purchased Code Red.
  • Improved support for AU
  • Squashed bugs
You can download Code Red at http://www.shatteredglassaudio.com/product.php?id=107
and Code Red Free at http://www.shatteredglassaudio.com/product.php?id=106
Last edited by SGA on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No doubt another instant classic :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Interesting! I really liked the initial (free) version that came out awhile ago, and happy to see work on this has continued. However, I was a bit disappointed with the "jerky, uneven" fader movement. I'm curious to know whether the mouse and gui interaction has been smoothed, and what other improvements may have gone into this latest version. Cheers!

hi, are there values displayed in this one unlike the free version?

TheoM wrote:hi, are there values displayed in this one unlike the free version?
I value my ears ! :D

Seriously, you don'y need numerical values with this one.
it was a cracking surprise for me, and IMO.. WAY better then the free one.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

jariya wrote:Interesting! I really liked the initial (free) version that came out awhile ago, and happy to see work on this has continued. However, I was a bit disappointed with the "jerky, uneven" fader movement. I'm curious to know whether the mouse and gui interaction has been smoothed, and what other improvements may have gone into this latest version. Cheers!
We didn't see any jerky fader movements in the DAWs we have tested Code Red with. That was true with VMs as well as non-VMs.
Improvements:
  • - additional preamp
    - fully adjustable EQ (frequency and Q) with HPF, Bass boost, Low shelf, 3 bell/peaking filters, High shelf. HPF is the first order filter (no Q).
    - mid-sides processing mode
    - many presets
    - more esthetically pleasing GUI
You can find more about Code Red in the manual

Tp3 wrote:

sorry but on the output and input gains i like to have those. Besides, i can't DEMO the $50 one can I.. so i don;t really know if i will like it better.

TheoM wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

sorry but on the output and input gains i like to have those. Besides, i can't DEMO the $50 one can I.. so i don;t really know if i will like it better.
OK, so this EQ is (as of now) probably not for you...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Does this have the same issue that the SGA1566 MkII has for some users? I have a fully-updated Windows 7 machine and I still get the C++ runtime error every time I try to run it. Never had this issue with any other plugins.

I would like to purchase this because I like the free version and it runs fine, but I'm a little hesitant without being able to demo the actual plugin (the free SGA1566 runs fine also).

Nick

comfortablynick wrote:Does this have the same issue that the SGA1566 MkII has for some users? I have a fully-updated Windows 7 machine and I still get the C++ runtime error every time I try to run it. Never had this issue with any other plugins.

I would like to purchase this because I like the free version and it runs fine, but I'm a little hesitant without being able to demo the actual plugin (the free SGA1566 runs fine also).

Nick
To the best of our knowledge, the only version of SGA1566 MkII that exhibits the behavior you described is the poorly cracked version that showed up at the end of 2015. We have NEVER received a complaint from any of our customers, who purchased SGA1566 MkII, that they get the C++ runtime error.
If you purchased SGA1566 MkII from our site, you should have a transaction ID for that purchase. Send an email to support@shatteredglassaudio.com from the email address to which the license for SGA1566 MkII was sent to, include your transaction ID, and describe how does the error occur (i.e. include the steps so we can reproduce it). If your purchase was made within the last 30 days we will issue you the refund.

For what ist worth, the VST3 Version of Code Red free crashes Reaper with a Visual C++ runtime error on my machine (win7 64bit). No problems with the VST2 version though... could this possibly be related?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:For what ist worth, the VST3 Version of Code Red free crashes Reaper with a Visual C++ runtime error on my machine (win7 64bit). No problems with the VST2 version though... could this possibly be related?
That's unrelated. Code Red Free VST3 crashes Reaper because Reaper sends maxSamplesPerBlock equal to zero :o, that we didn't account for, the very first time it calls setupProcessing. Btw. Code Red does not have that issue. SGA1566 MkII does not have that issue either (no support for VST3).

Is there a full-sized screenshot somewhere? I'm straining my eyes to read the numbers, even in the PDF manual. Or is that full-sized in the manual?

funky lime wrote:Is there a full-sized screenshot somewhere? I'm straining my eyes to read the numbers, even in the PDF manual. Or is that full-sized in the manual?
Click on the image on the product page http://www.kvraudio.com/product/code-re ... io/details. That should give you the full size image.

SGA wrote:
jens wrote:For what ist worth, the VST3 Version of Code Red free crashes Reaper with a Visual C++ runtime error on my machine (win7 64bit). No problems with the VST2 version though... could this possibly be related?
That's unrelated. Code Red Free VST3 crashes Reaper because Reaper sends maxSamplesPerBlock equal to zero :o, that we didn't account for, the very first time it calls setupProcessing. Btw. Code Red does not have that issue. SGA1566 MkII does not have that issue either (no support for VST3).
Kudos to you for this specific error-description - not that I understand any of it myself, but it is super helpful for making a bug report. :tu: :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”