HoRNet AnalogStage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HoRNet wrote:
well internally it has 18dB of headroom, you can drive it into distortion if you apply 20dB of gain to a 0dbFS signal :)
Personally I by far prefer the internal headroom to be user-definable... (Klanghelm comes to mind) - and especially when an output control is missing this imo is an absolute must.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes that's basically what I was asking for. Internal built in gain staging possibility. I don't want to use 3rd party plugins around AnalogStage just to get it as hot as I want it.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

jens wrote:
HoRNet wrote:
well internally it has 18dB of headroom, you can drive it into distortion if you apply 20dB of gain to a 0dbFS signal :)
Personally I by far prefer the internal headroom to be user-definable... (Klanghelm comes to mind) - and especially when an output control is missing this imo is an absolute must.
well that definitely something i can easily do so expect it in a future update!

Saverio

Hi everyone, I'm updating the thread to let you know that we have released AnalogStage 1.1.0, this update includes:

- Added headroom slider to increase or decrease saturation amount
- Added crosstalk for stereo tracks
- Fixed VU Meter being stuck sometimes

The update is free if you own the plugin and you can download it from the user area on http://www.hornetplugins.com

Thanks Saverio, very nice update.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Simulated analog distortion in the digital world is incorrect and deceit, if it adds digital artifacts (aliasing).

How are things going with this you? Does oversampling algorithm applied(preferably selective)? Or limit the harmonics generated by the plugin to the Nyquist frequency can be applied?

Other translator:
Emulation of analog distortions in the digital world is incorrect also deception if it adds digital artifacts (aliasing).

How with it affairs in your plug-in? Whether the algorithm of an oversampling is applied (better with a possibility of a choice and switch-off)? Or restriction of the harmonicas generated by a plug-in to Nyquist frequency (as the output of harmonicas out of limits of a half of sampling rate generates an aliasing).

It is possible to eat still some methods...
Last edited by AH-H on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

AH-H wrote:Simulated analog distortion in the digital world is incorrect and deceit, if it adds digital artifacts (aliasing).

How are things going with this you? Does oversampling algorithm applied(preferably selective)? Or limit the harmonics generated by the plugin to the Nyquist frequency can be applied?
Huh?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
AH-H wrote:Simulated analog distortion in the digital world is incorrect and deceit, if it adds digital artifacts (aliasing).

Huh?
Exactly my reaction :lol: In the end, it's plain simple: if you like the sound of the plugin, use it. If you don't, don't. If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose (no offense intended).

This is correct - simulated analog distortion will not sound natural if the additonal harmonics generated aren't bandlimited.
So I think AH-H is asking if HoRNet AnalogStage bandlimits its distortion and if so how does it achieve it.
Sim.Sky wrote:Exactly my reaction :lol: In the end, it's plain simple: if you like the sound of the plugin, use it. If you don't, don't. If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose (no offense intended).
You do understand the concept of a forum, don't you?

Sim.Sky wrote:
cprompt wrote:

Huh?
Exactly my reaction :lol: In the end, it's plain simple: if you like the sound of the plugin, use it. If you don't, don't. If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose (no offense intended).
You two just have not come to this ... No offense. There are many details that need to know, to understand.

I prefer to listen to other than ears, know that the plugin adds to me in the sound, then that can not hear. This is not an analogue, its pure harmonics. This digital (limited bandwidth - 44,1; 48; 88,2; 96...), with its aliasing that are bad for sound. Can someone like that? Yes? Good. Then plug should have a choice.

Words must be fixed thing, is not it?

And all these big words about analog sound, the whole mass of plugins hyped dirty marketing, paid reviews of professional sound engineers and other crap ... I have long been interested.

Other translator:
Both of you just did not come to it yet... Without offenses. In this subject there are some details which need to be known to understand.

Except to listen ears, I want to know that the plug-in adds to my sound, what I cannot hear because of limits of human abilities. It is not analog and its pure harmonicas. This digital (limited bandwidth - 44,1; 48; 88,2; 96...) with a possible aliasing that badly influences a sound. It to be pleasant to someone as it sounds? Yes? Well. Then in a plug-in there has to be a possibility of the choice.

Words have to be fixed by business, isn't it?

And all these big words about an analog sound, all this mass of plug-ins the untwisted by dirty marketing, paid feedbacks professional sound producers and other shit... It does not interest me long ago.
Last edited by AH-H on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

:help:

swatwork wrote:
Sim.Sky wrote:Exactly my reaction :lol: In the end, it's plain simple: if you like the sound of the plugin, use it. If you don't, don't. If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose (no offense intended).
You do understand the concept of a forum, don't you?
You bet, but thanks for asking nonetheless :tu: And because I do, I just wanted to state my personal opinion - without offending anyone, just as I said. So there's no need for you to get cynical - unless you forgot the concept of a forum for the moment you wrote your comment. I don't want to start an argument, so let's just leave it at that :borg:

Fair enough. I just felt your post came over as a bit dismissive of a new poster who's clearly not a native English speaker.

Sim.Sky wrote:
cprompt wrote:

Huh?
It's a perfectly relevant and valid point to raise if a plugin is selling itself as "analog" something, as aliasing is a purely digital phenomenon that is impossible to exist in analog. Therefore a signal will actually be more "analog" if you leave it alone rather than process it with an aliasing plugin.

That said, I think Saverio did say that his plugins use internal oversampling which greatly helps.

swatwork wrote:Fair enough. I just felt your post came over as a bit dismissive of a new poster who's clearly not a native English speaker.
A new poster who says he prefers to not just listen with his ears.....
Very obvious he can not speak or type english, and would be better put asking his question somewhere in his native language, where he may make sense.
Duh

Return to “Effects”