Can someone explain the Sequential Pro One modulation section for me please

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've googled as much as I can, but still don't quite understand the routing.

Am I right in saying that any/all of the three Source (Flt Env, Osc B, Lfo) will be
mixed and send to any/all of the Destinations 'simultaneously'.

Or can it for example send Lfo to Osc A Only and Flt Env to Osc B only (without the Lfo going to Osc B as well)
What are the correct routing options. I just don't quite get it!

Thanks Kirsty

3 sources & 5 targets.. Logic says these will be mixed :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Couldn't you separate them by using a combination of Direct and Wheel modulation assignments? For example:

FIL ENV (switched to WHEEL) > OSC B FREQ (switched to WH)
LFO (switched to DIRECT) > OSC A FREQ (switched to DIR)

Presumably, you would keep your mod wheel set to 100% and control the amount of FIL ENV that is modulating OSC B FREQ from the AMOUNT knob, or, conversely, set the AMOUNT to whatever suits your patch and dial in varying amounts using the mod wheel. Set the other three targets to OFF.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Couldn't you separate them by using a combination of Direct and Wheel modulation assignments? For example:

FIL ENV (switched to WHEEL) > OSC B FREQ (switched to WH)
LFO (switched to DIRECT) > OSC A FREQ (switched to DIR)

Presumably, you would keep your mod wheel set to 100% and control the amount of FIL ENV that is modulating OSC B FREQ from the AMOUNT knob, or, conversely, set the AMOUNT to whatever suits your patch and dial in varying amounts using the mod wheel. Set the other three targets to OFF.
I think that switching a source to WHEEL just uses the wheel to scale the signal.
In an LFO/OSC B Example...
Direct means...LFO -> (signal sent directly to) -> OSC B
Wheel means LFO ->(signal scaled by wheel) -> OSC B
BertKoor wrote:3 sources & 5 targets.. Logic says these will be mixed :shrug:
If all sources are mixed and sent to all destinations then it's not a matrix. It's a simple mixer/router.

I'm still confused :?
Kirsty

kirsty roland wrote: I think that switching a source to WHEEL just uses the wheel to scale the signal.
In an LFO/OSC B Example...
Direct means...LFO -> (signal sent directly to) -> OSC B
Wheel means LFO ->(signal scaled by wheel) -> OSC B
Yeah, that's why I was trying to say that you would need to keep the mod wheel up at 100% in order to keep it scaled all the way. But, doesn't assigning one source to the mod wheel and another source to "direct" essentially split the two modulation sources such that you can modulate two destinations independently via the three-way switches for the destinations? I've never owned one, so I honestly don't know - I"m just going by a pic of the front panel that I Googled.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Hmm... I think I've pretty much decided it mixes all sources and sends them to all destinations simultaneously, just like Bertkoor said.
So much for the great modulation section!
I'll try a different approach.

Thanks Kirsty

Like Cryophonic said, I think the direct/wheel switches will let you have two separate modulations. Eg LFO directly to osc PWM and with the wheel LFO to filter cutoff freq. Seems a reasonable design. Then I was wrong: you have two mixes.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

This is straight from the manual...
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Yes. Now I've got it. There's two paths a signal can take and they are both routed to a destination in parallel.
I've just found the flowchart in that manual.

Thank you very much.
Kirsty

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”