Seeking experienced programmer for multiple plugin projects

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seeking an experienced programmer for work on several audio plugins, and potentially, a longer-term collaboration.

Here are the most important details:
  • There are currently three larger-scale plugin designs and one or two simple ones
  • I have already created working prototypes of the plugins (via Flowstone)
  • A known company has already expressed interest in sales/marketing of the plugins (Impact Soundworks)
  • I'm looking to negotiate a collaboration with myself, a programmer and ISW; compensation would likely not be up-front but after product(s) is/are delivered.
What I'm looking for in a candidate:
  • Experience with cross-platform, 64 bit plugin development (including finished past projects)
  • Working knowledge of audio DSP, synthesis and effects processing
  • Working knowledge of Assembly language
  • Working knowledge of advanced UI (not just knobs and sliders)
  • Art/Graphics design experience NOT necessary (this stuff will be taken care of), but knowing how to work with and implement basic graphics is expected
  • A knowledge of Flowstone is helpful but not required
  • MUST work well with others!
The story is that I've designed several plugins via Flowstone-- creative plugins, not just your run of the mill EQ's and compressors-- and I'm looking to get them out into the world rather than leaving them sitting on my hard drive. I contacted the guys at ISW (makers of Shreddage and other sample libraries), who just released their first effect plugin, and they seemed impressed with the concepts. But since Flowstone is neither cross-platform nor 64 bit, the plugins would need to be re-written/finished by a proper programmer (not myself). ISW does not have an in-house programmer and so nothing came of the interaction, yet. If you think you have the skillset and desire to be a part of a potentially large project, which could even lead to something longer-term, who knows, then I'd love to hear from you and see if we can work something out with ISW.

If interested, you can contact me at: perfect.human.interface@gmail.com
Please include a little about yourself and links to any previous work.
Please also leave a post in the thread as I'd like to associate any emails with your forum name. Feel free to post any questions or anything here as well.
Further details about the plugins themselves can be shared via email.

Thanks for your time!

WOW :o
first time I see a "search for devs" post on that forum that is not like..
"Me (secret name) needs a developer for my secret company, to implement a cutting-edge plugin, using my super advanced secret algorithm."

Good luck with your search :)

I'd do it if I had any brain cells left. :)

PurpleSunray wrote:WOW :o
first time I see a "search for devs" post on that forum that is not like..
"Me (secret name) needs a developer for my secret company, to implement a cutting-edge plugin, using my super advanced secret algorithm."

Good luck with your search :)
Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm still not really comfortable with asking for help at this magnitude but I haven't really any other options either. :)
JCJR wrote:I'd do it if I had any brain cells left. :)
I've heard two is enough if you can rub them together hard enough.
Last edited by moosa17 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just wanted to clarify something briefly.

Full disclosure: this is basically speculation on my part, but... Impact Soundworks is not exactly a new company. Yes they've been around only a few years, but they seem to be successful enough considering they keep pumping out new sample libraries. But they are new to audio plugins. They literally released their very first effect plugin 1 month ago. If this collaboration works out, and we manage to crank out 5 new plugins, we're talking about establishing a brand here. Building a foundation for a new venture. Potentially, an opportunity to become a part of something that could be big. Not with an unknown startup company but an established company venturing into new territory. Perhaps you'll agree: it's hard to imagine a more ideal situation to jump into if you're looking to fulfill an ambition.

I hope you'll find the prospect exciting as it's not much fun to work with someone who hasn't put their heart into it. :)

Hey, it's been a while; here's a bump!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”