Tips to get a good reverb on the drop? What else is wrong with this track?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!
I'm kinda new here, even if I always check the forum in search of new techniques and stuff.
I've come across a problem and I decided to share it with you since there are a lot of experienced producers here.
Below I will put the private URL (on soundcloud) of a new track I'm still mixing.. I'm trying to keep the song at -4 / -5 dB to have it mastered in the near future.
The question is, what do you think about the leads in the drop section? I can't set up a good reverb! I tried with many plugins, using a SEND channel or using the same LEADS channel but none of it works.. I tried with lower notes and leads to have a bigger and fuller drop but I end up getting a muddy reverb with the low frequencies.. I've also tried cutting them out but I can't get a good result
Anyone willing to share some tips?
Don't judge me for my abilities, I'm here to ASK you since I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I hope you will help!
Thank you in advance

SOUNDCLOUD LINK: https://soundcloud.com/zemacmusic/previ ... ms/s-YNkTi

PS: Critiques on the track are appreciated
Last edited by giuliocame on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link doesn't work. If it did, KVR would convert to Soundcloud player automatically.
I end up getting a muddy reverb with the low frequencies
Hi-pass reverb input?

Also, you might want to use sidechain on reverb channel driven with the dry sound.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Ok, I fixed the link since it was a private URL.
So I should put and EQ before the reverb plugin on my send channel?
I feel like I have already tried but that didn't work well.. I'm using Fruity Reveerb 2 on my LEADS SEND, just because the last time I tried on a separate reverb send it did not work well.. Maybe it's just because I'm doing something wrong!
Listen to this VINAI track, same genre: I can hear a big amount of reverb but it doesn't affect the whole mix. I'd like to have this kind of reverb and make it sound so big.
Again, If you have other technical tips for my track (anything) they're appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/spinninrecords/v ... iginal-mix

Return to “Production Techniques”