Starmap Vol. 1 for Dune 2

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ciberithm wrote:Do the wavetable "files" go into the "Dune 2\Wavetables" folder, or does the "Starmap Wavetables" folder go there?
I have the "Starmap Wavetables" folder inside of the "Dune 2/Wavetables" folder. Works just fine. Though I think both methods should work. Should probably have explained that a little better in the first place. Thanks for reminding me. I'll put it in the "readme" notes.

I just tried it both ways and they each work fine. I liked your demos and am looking forward to trying out these sounds.

Thank you kindly Ciberithm, and I'm glad it works. I'd recommend having the "Starmap Wavetables" folder inside of the designated Dune 2 wavetables folder just to keep things more organized, but it's up to you of course.
Hope you enjoy. :phones:

Well, I wish I could say I like all of the sounds in this set. I wish I could, but I can't say that. :(

I can't say that because I haven't gotten through the whole set yet. As I audition the presets, I have to keep stopping because they're inspiring new tunes! :x

Do you have any idea how aggravating this is?!? :cry: Load a preset, play a few notes--ah! There it is, there's a tune. Okay, work that up for a few minutes, save it, and start a new file. Load another preset, play a few notes--Oh, crap. Again?!? Fine...work up a bit of a new tune, save it...blah, blah, freakin' blah.:roll:

I don't care HOW much this set doesn't cost! If I can't get through it all, how will I know if it's of any use to me?!? :tantrum:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Congrats on the release, Brandon!

I think, anyone who has Dune2 should check out this soundset. Although it is aimed primarily at ambient music, the sounds are very impressive and musical and may be used in most electronic genres (I consider using some of them, somehow modified, as intros/outros for my psytrance tracks). Also reverce-engineering these sounds may help understanding how Dune2 works - some patches have really complex design pushing Dune2 to its limits.

Highly recommended :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I think, anyone who has Dune2 should check out this soundset. Although it is aimed primarily at ambient music, the sounds are very impressive and musical and may be used in most electronic genres (I consider using some of them, somehow modified, as intros/outros for my psytrance tracks). Also reverce-engineering these sounds may help understanding how Dune2 works - some patches have really complex design pushing Dune2 to its limits.

Ridan wrote: My first experiment with that method was when i made a "welcoming gift" for Frank of Krezie Sounds right after he bought Dune 2 named - "Hello Frank". It was a lot of fun and still wish i had that patch. It's lurking in my hard drive somewhere I'm sure. :hihi:
Yeah, that was an amazing patch! :D
I still have it of course. Emailed it to you 8)

And I can only confirm that this new soundset from Brandon is amazing. The sounds make very good use of the capabilities of Dune2. The set has lots of great atmospheres, textures, pads and synths that will fit very well in ambient and cinematic music styles. But it's not only limited to that. I think that there are a lot of sounds in the set that can be used nicely in other styles as well.

Highly recommended!

planetearth wrote:Well, I wish I could say I like all of the sounds in this set. I wish I could, but I can't say that. :(

I can't say that because I haven't gotten through the whole set yet. As I audition the presets, I have to keep stopping because they're inspiring new tunes! :x

Do you have any idea how aggravating this is?!? :cry: Load a preset, play a few notes--ah! There it is, there's a tune. Okay, work that up for a few minutes, save it, and start a new file. Load another preset, play a few notes--Oh, crap. Again?!? Fine...work up a bit of a new tune, save it...blah, blah, freakin' blah.:roll:

I don't care HOW much this set doesn't cost! If I can't get through it all, how will I know if it's of any use to me?!? :tantrum:

Steve
Haha. Appreciate that Steve! Not sure how to help you with this one, and can't really say that i'm sorry, but IF you do manage to complete a track using any of the sounds, even if it's just one patch, or a snippet, I would love to hear it! :tu:
recursive one wrote:Congrats on the release, Brandon!

Thanks a lot. :) I also appreciate you making that wonderful demo track. It's an honest representation of the patches imo. Not to mention a lot of fun to listen to.
Vol. 2 is turning out to be more complex in terms of modulation, but trying not to go overboard. :ud:
Krezie wrote:
Ridan wrote: My first experiment with that method was when i made a "welcoming gift" for Frank of Krezie Sounds right after he bought Dune 2 named - "Hello Frank". It was a lot of fun and still wish i had that patch. It's lurking in my hard drive somewhere I'm sure. :hihi:
Yeah, that was an amazing patch! :D
I still have it of course. Emailed it to you 8)

And I can only confirm that this new soundset from Brandon is amazing. The sounds make very good use of the capabilities of Dune2. The set has lots of great atmospheres, textures, pads and synths that will fit very well in ambient and cinematic music styles. But it's not only limited to that. I think that there are a lot of sounds in the set that can be used nicely in other styles as well.

Highly recommended!
Thanks Frank! Can't believe i don't remember what happened to my copy of the patch. Must be getting old...
Appreciate your kind words too. Hope to hear a Dune 2 set from you at some point. :wink:
If you ever need any testers you know where to find me!

Man, these patches are genius!

Thank you for the opportunity for us to try them for free. I HAVE to donate towards this. Your patch making skill is impeccable. Easily the best soundset I've heard in a long time. Good sound making transcends music genre. Starmap is a perfect example. You could use the sounds from this for anything.

EDIT:
Ridan, after the Starmap Vol 2 do you plan on releasing any more patches?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks, looking forward to checking these patches out :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Saukar30 wrote:Man, these patches are genius!

Thank you for the opportunity for us to try them for free. I HAVE to donate towards this. Your patch making skill is impeccable. Easily the best soundset I've heard in a long time. Good sound making transcends music genre. Starmap is a perfect example. You could use the sounds from this for anything.

EDIT:
Ridan, after the Starmap Vol 2 do you plan on releasing any more patches?
Oh wow. That means a lot, not sure what to say really except for thank you! :) One of the (many) reasons i decided to put this as free/name your price was to help gauge the usability the set has for other artists and to hopefully determine a fair price in the future. Will likely do this with future sound sets from now on.
Very happy to hear Starmap finds you well.

In answer to your question - There will be a Vol. 3 later this year or early next. Working on sounds for other synths too, but am always up for taking requests.
core wrote:Thanks, looking forward to checking these patches out :tu:
My pleasure. :) Hope you enjoy!

*Sorry! Was trying to edit the first page.

False bump.

Last day to get Starmap Vol. 1 for free or at name your price.
Huge thank you to everyone who donated and/or supported the sound set so far. :phones:

Kind regards,
Brandon

Free demo available for those who may have missed the introduction deal. - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rr36miwojb7vz ... O.zip?dl=0

Return to “Soundware”