Hierarchy

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

samardac wrote:I did not know about that Studio One Prime is not support VST, I installed it tried but do not loaded VST, I just do not like it and leave it :)
I use Sonar no any drawbacks, price is awaysome. I have collection of my favorite VST I just use them with it. It has 1 or 2 VST instruments and collection of good DXI effects - Sonitus, but I do not use them.

Guys if you wanna discuss other DAWs do it in the host forum: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
This forum is about MuLab and MUX Modular.

fluffy_little_something wrote:You might like that complexity, but unless I am a total exception I think a lot of people find it unnecessary and counterproductive.
I have to admit I am one of those that find it counter-productive. I understand the need for the complexity though.

A possible solution, one that may be very useful for beginners, is to have a toggle button for all modules. Thus allowing you to toggle the showing of advanced parameters on and off.

Personally, I will never use any envelope parameters other than the basic four.

Having played around with the 64-bit version for a while, I bought the upgrade after all :) It seems solid, does more or less what I want (after customizing a felt million options, armed with my magnifying glass), and the price was nice, even if I should rarely use it, but so far I like it. I just ignore everything beyond the mere sequencer component, so I have basically nothing to do with the hierarchy and modular stuff. What I like is that no third-party stuff is installed. Now I have a template project where I am only shown my 2 synths and a dozen TB effects in the two folder respectively. No more scrolling through long lists of bundled crap plugins :)

Hm, I hope he got my PP transfer, maybe my PP email address has changed since the last version upgrade and he doesn't know who wired the money 8) Or maybe one has to send in proof first that one owns a previous version license 8)
But I am far from reaching the free version limits, anyway...

When it says Save VST file as ... a program or a bank, what does that even mean? What is a VST file? The current patch? How can I save that as a bank?

fluffy_little_something wrote:When it says Save VST file as ... a program or a bank, what does that even mean? What is a VST file? The current patch? How can I save that as a bank?
VST file is a VST preset or sound bank
Program = .fxp = single preset =The current preset.
Bank= .fxb =sound bank =The current bank which also includes the current preset.

I think Mulab is looking better and better version after version, I was not fan of the UI when I first came to it, but now, I think it's elegant, modern and sleak. MUX front panels have also been greatly improved, and you can do things that suit your taste.

You can't blame the developer to focus more on instruments or effects, he does what he loves to do, and there are so many great DAWs if you just want the sequencing/audio functions (Tracktion is my favourite).

I have personally made the choice to use Tracktion as my main DAW, with the MUX Modular as one of my main plugins, because it's not just another plugin, it has a huge sound that I love so much, and due to its polymophism, it's in fact any plugin you want, the limit is your imagination ...

pquenin wrote: MUX Modular as one of my main plugins, because it's not just another plugin, it has a huge sound that I love so much, and due to its polymophism, it's in fact any plugin you want, the limit is your imagination ...
Nice :)

Since I already have this thread and hate opening a new one for every little suggestion, I will say it here:

Since I only use two different VST instruments and one effects suite, the monitor is sometimes full of identical looking windows. So, I suggest giving the title bar of each window the same color as the track it belongs to, including the pale or intense state, instead of gray.

When the monitor is covered with windows, hiding the huge mixer panel, how about using double-clicking anywhere on the color of a track on the left-hand side to select and bring to the fore all windows that belong to that track. Double-clicking doesn't seem to do anything, yet, anyway.

Am I the only one who occasionally almost deletes the wrong user folder when updating Mulab? 8) Maybe it would make updating less dangerous if the user folder were not part of the download, but a separate download. "If you have never used Mulab before or want to configure Mulab from scratch, please also download this factory configuration folder and put it into your unzipped/installed Mulab folder."

fluffy_little_something wrote:Am I the only one who occasionally almost deletes the wrong user folder when updating Mulab?
:shrug: May I suggest deleting the "update" User folder right after you unzip the package in your Downloads? Thus, you are moving only your old User folder.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Am I the only one who occasionally almost deletes the wrong user folder when updating Mulab?
:shrug: May I suggest deleting the "update" User folder right after you unzip the package in your Downloads? Thus, you are moving only your old User folder.
Um, in that case I am moving anything but the user folder, right? I mean, I don't replace Mulab folders, but copy the 5 new items from the new folder into the old folder where I deleted those 5 items before. Else the desktop and taskbar shortcuts might no longer work. That happened to me two updates ago, had already forgotten how to do Mulab updates :hihi:

Just noticed that when loading a very small GUI like with TAL's chorus, the Mulab window for it is wider than that GUI and the latter is put to the very left side, which looks a bit ugly in my view :hihi: Maybe it would look better if it were centered...

In the editor window I miss the possibility of selecting notes and then moving them to the right place with the four arrow keys (vertically note by note, horizontally according to the selected note length of the grid), which is much more precise than dragging them with the mouse. It is standard on some other DAW's.

Deleted.

Return to “MUTOOLS”