Kontakt is crap!!!!!!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Must be the worst sampler out there (well I cant imagine anything worse).
Sometimes it lets you drag from explorer, most times it doesn't. You sure as hell cant drag from browser in Ableton...nooo that would too easy!
Its routing is tedious and all over the place, its grouping is just plain stupid...it doesn't show you where you are in the slice, the GUI is too boxy, the effects aren't that hot. Seems it was designed to be a rompler for libraries.

There has to be something better out there than this piece of sh#t!

Well, it's still better than an Ensoniq Mirage.

I can't disagree with much of what you said, but it is still a pretty great tool overall. It is probably due for a major overhaul, but I'm not sure they can do that without compromising all the third party libraries.

I've mostly done drag and drop from Explorer or from a track in Sonar. Never had either method let me down. I don't usually bother with it in Ableton, especially with the new Simpler and Push 2 workflow available as an alternative.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Well it's not crap. It may be crap for your needs, but I use it on every single track I make and it works great. It's the best purchase I ever made for music production.

It needs a major UI upgrade / change..... complexity can be addressed with simplicity when thought out...

BITWORD wrote:It needs a major UI upgrade / change..... complexity can be addressed with simplicity when thought out...
"complexity can be addressed with simplicity when thought out..."
I will go along with that.
If Presonus can do it to Studio One so can Native Instruments do it to Kontakt.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed May 04, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

:tu: Drag n Drop from our Daws browsers would be amazing. That way you could store your favorite .nkis and multis in a much better browser then the one in kontakt. I have to agree with much of what you said.
I've requested that chicken systems created a .nki to .fxp conversion tool just for this reason, for drag n drop for the browser within studio one,since studio one supports .fxp import, this would make it a f**king breeze..but

That was about 3 years ago. Nice to hear from someone with a similar thought. Though I doubt either company cares.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Have fun with the competition :lol:

deastman wrote:Well, it's still better than an Ensoniq Mirage.

I loved by Mirage to bits. Like, literally 6c 6f 76 65 64 . :clown:
Don't Tech No for an Answer

If you have Live why not get Sampler?

I don't like Kontakt's GUI, but other than that it's all good.

As TCC says, Sampler is useful too.

Kontakt is certainly due for an overhaul. Many people seem to argue that it doesn't but it really does. Overall, the engine is fine. Could do with less restrictions that developers constantly seem to run into but it will probably come with K6. They really need to rethink browsing, organization and searching though because it's just terrible. Quicklaunch helps but only minimally.

It does, what it does, perfectly. It's been a massive money spinner for developers.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Kinh wrote:You sure as hell cant drag from browser in Ableton...nooo that would too easy!
I just had a problem earlier today where I had to drag and drop files from Windows Explorer into Kontakt in order to be able to load them, and that worked fine.

Maybe the files you want to drag and drop in Kontakt from Ableton isn't supported by Kontakt? And if you are using the Kontakt Player version, that is most probably the case.

You mean Kontakt is Krap

chili beans wrote:You mean Kontakt is Krap
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”