Moog Model 15

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:I don't think there will be a VST version (like Animoog). It's made exclusive for iOS devices. A bit sad...still waiting for Apple letting me use my iOS apps on my mac. I know, that will never happen too... :(
Microsoft will do it first 8)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

It sounds pretty good. I was just listening on the iPad speaker, so I can't really comment on filter quality. Either way, this is pretty amazing to hold in that palm of my hand. I do wish I had a bigger screen though... It feels like I'm stumbling around in a dark closet with a tiny flashlight.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

crystalmsc wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I don't think there will be a VST version (like Animoog). It's made exclusive for iOS devices. A bit sad...still waiting for Apple letting me use my iOS apps on my mac. I know, that will never happen too... :(
Microsoft will do it first 8)
"reworked" apps... no developer will do this. Also iOS apps are far better multi-touch optimized because developers are forced to do so. Windows 10 can run all the nice big DAW´s and plug-ins but it´s still half baked.
I just wish we could get such synth engines for desktop too and could use the iPad as remote control and/or editing. The touch screen is a great device to interact direct with sounds but are still underpowered in terms of cpu (but it´s on the way) and especially RAM.
But at least it´s super easy to connect an iOS device to my mac with just the included lightning to usb cable and i can use it as audio input... plug n´play.
I sold my iPad Air a while ago because iOS was/is a mess and too limited for me but apps like this and a few other gems (like some midi controller apps and other unique synths) are nice to have.
My iPhone 6S plus has enough power to drive this synth and it has even the great 3D touch which works polyphonic and individually for each of your finger, but limited to 5 inputs on iPhones compared to 10 on iPads. It works like a small Seaboard Rise with a flat surface and can even do more.
I think once the iPads get 3D touch and better CPU and more RAM it could be very interesting. A lot desktop tools are stuck to one point clicks and failed at new ways to interact with music and are a lot more expensive too.
Synth wise there is a lot great stuff on iOS yet. So if there would be Falcon and Kontakt for iOS and better sampled stuff and a more expanded iOS i would go back to iOS only production in a heartbeat.
In a few years desktops might be like the good old analog synthies.... nice and powerful but not neccessary to create all kind of music :D
Moog did a great thing here! So when there will be Bazille Mobile? :hihi:

Hello Friends of KVR Audio and maybe viewers / subscribers of Synth Anatom

Here is my video of Moog Model 15. I was Beta Tester for around 3 months and it is a beast. Never see such a sound quality on IOS
The sound engine is high oversampled so it's a lot of CPU power and also 64 Bit. The 9.3 restriction is there because Apple does great work
to make better the audio drivers of IOS 9.3. In 9.0 / 9.1 you have audio crackles in the sound engines. I don't recommend to use it on this IOS Versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm0I7y-MadM
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Is it possible to connect the iPad to a bigger screen?

Would be neat to see the whole interface on screen at once

Numanoid wrote:Is it possible to connect the iPad to a bigger screen?

yes both digital and vga, with the required pricy cable/connector. :scared:
50€ for the vga :lol:

waiting man wrote:

OK, good that the option is there at least :)

Digital, does that include HDMI ?
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed May 04, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not sure if a connected screen could display more than the iPad can. Or what the point of that would be.

You still have to control it from the iPad so you're going to be going back to that most of the time.

sprnva wrote:You still have to control it from the iPad so you're going to be going back to that most of the time.
But if the screen one connects to is a touch screen as well, does that make a difference?

And is there no chance of connecting a mouse and a keyboard to the iPad, at the same time as connecting it to an external screen.

Numanoid wrote:
waiting man wrote:

The digital adapter is lightning->lightning+hdmi
Vga is lightning->lightning+vga

each one is a seperate dongle though, and 50$/piece, though I sort of remember only paying 25$ a year or so ago for the hdmi one

ezelkow1 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
waiting man wrote:

The digital adapter is lightning->lightning+hdmi
Vga is lightning->lightning+vga

each one is a seperate dongle though, and 50$/piece, though I sort of remember only paying 25$ a year or so ago for the hdmi one
Or you can use Airplay mirroring (using something like Airdisplay). Bear in mind all these options will mirror the iPad screen though, I don't know of one that would give you a larger amount of screen to see more of the interface with.

aMUSEd wrote:Or you can use Airplay mirroring (using something like Airdisplay). Bear in mind all these options will mirror the iPad screen though, I don't know of one that would give you a larger amount of screen to see more of the interface with.
So no chance to increase the screen resolution, like I do when connecting a laptop to a separate screen with better resolution?

Numanoid wrote:But if the screen one connects to is a touch screen as well, does that make a difference?

And is there no chance of connecting a mouse and a keyboard to the iPad, at the same time as connecting it to an external screen.
You can probably connect a mouse and keyboard. If not over USB (obviously via a hub) then via bluetooth. Can't say I've ever tried to turn my iPad into a computer though. No idea about touch screens.

I think scrolling is the only way you can get this much info onscreen in a managable way. If you try to fit everything on at once, you get the old Arturia GUIs where everyone complains about how small everything is. I have a couple of other modular type synths on iOS and they all require scrolling to navigate around them.

sprnva wrote:If you try to fit everything on at once, you get the old Arturia GUIs where everyone complains about how small everything is.
I have the Modular V2 up on a 24" screen (1920x1200) and then I manage to cram the whole GUI onto the screen (except the keyboard which I don't really need to see)

At that size it is quite easy to see what the controls are all about :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”