my improvisation pianoteq 5 demo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/walidantar-1/my- ... noteq5demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIMfMlAxqk

hello .. i'd like to share my improvisation

improvised with Pianoteq 5 demo & Novation Impulse 61 midi controller - hosted & recorded with Ableton Live

wrong forum, but...very nice. pianteq is great, thanks for reminding me about it.

thanks, i like pianoteq because it offers some long decays/release time .. do you know if there's something better within the price 100$ ?

walidantar wrote:thanks, i like pianoteq because it offers some long decays/release time .. do you know if there's something better within the price 100$ ?
You seem to have found something that inspires you. It's probably best to stick with it. The only things I can think of are made for Kontakt, but the prices vary. If price weren't an option I'd say you could look into UVI also. But you enjoy pianoteq, so go for it :) * after checking, I forgot that UVI has a model that's $79 ..

Just came across pianoteq stage 5 in the marketplace for around $80: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=449220

I dont think there is something better than pianoteq for 100, and the stuff that is more expensive is just different. Sampled instruments can sound more "real" than pianoteq but at the end it all depends on your taste.

I use the NI Definitive Piano Collection, specially The grandeur, sounds good to me but it isn't a joy to play as Pianoteq.

I Want pianoteq, the Standard version (I love the virtual mic feature) but it is a tad expensive for me, hoe I can get it soon, I play it almost daily (the demo).

I will also like tosse more pianos modeled: Bossendofer, Fazioli, Sauter, Mason&Hamlin, Shigueru Kawai.
dedication to flying

thanks dears, really appreciated, actually for the price - for my taste - i prefered the pianoteq over the rest, i'm not much serious about how real it sounds, just liked it as it is

Addictive Keys "Studio Grand " Steinway costs 80 and imo sounds better, at least more "realistic".
https://soundcloud.com/enyris/xln-addictive-keys-studio
(a little too much reverb added on this demo).

It sounds obviously sampled, and not in a good way. Velocity switching is obvious, and pedal and sympathetic resonance behaviour is nothing like a REAL piano. :)

By laziness i didn't take time to look for the proper exemple, this one is ok, not with a ton a reverb like on all the other demos, even though it is performed by a beginner, so there is no "expression" at all, it might even be a quantized sequence/ midi file).

If this doesn't sound to you more like a real piano than Pianoteq, i am affraid you have some serious ear cleaning to do my friend !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwMeYF59D8
Last edited by bedjka on Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My ears are perfectly fine - and I do have and play a real piano as well. Pianoteq is the closest thing to them - my choices are Pianoteq's Blüthner and Model B - simply superb! Sampled pianos don't behave or respond like real pianos in a loooot of cases, which is extremely important to me.

So yeah, if you're looking for a static and lifeless recorded piano sound, go with samples, sure. If you're looking for something living and breathing and responding to your touch like the real thing, you better go with Pianoteq.

The above example you linked showcases the same issues as the previous one - lack of proper piano behaviour in pedalling and no sympathetic resonance. If you can't hear it, then you have some ear cleaning to do as well, my friend :)

It is always the same story, sampled vs modelisation, i agree that for a solo pianist "playability" is very important but it should not be to the cost of having to play a mediocre sound like Pianoteq.
I use piano only among other instruments in a mix and Studio Grand sounds much better than Pianoteq 5(i tried both)
But since as a "real" pianist you need to both have the expression and the sound i advise you to check VI Labs Ravenscroft,
it fullfills both criteriums superbly and it will show you how bad Pianoteq sounds even if it responds well to the playing.

Sorry but Pianoteq's sound is far from mediocre. That is in fact quite insulting thing to say IMHO ("bad" is even worse - especially when it's not true).

I didn't like the Ravenscroft's timbre - I'll admit that's a subjective thing... I tried a LOT of sampled pianos, just nothing compares with Pianoteq as far as I'm concerned, so don't try to convince me :) I have it all - both THE sound and THE playability, AND tweakability, right there in my Pianoteq 5 Pro. Thank you.
bedjka wrote:it fullfills both criteriums superbly and it will show you how bad Pianoteq sounds even if it responds well to the playing.
No it doesn't and no it doesn't. If you can't get Pianoteq to sound great, the problem is not in the program - all the ingredients for great sound are already in it. Case closed. :)

Pianoteq mediocre? :lol:

Don't need to reed further. This dude have no clue how a real piano sound (guess he never played any libs or Pianoteq with fully weighted/hammer action keys). Stick with ED for the serious comments.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”