Good all round compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ayorinde wrote:
jpga wrote:https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... xla-3.html
My go to!
I'm so tired of all flat and colorless compressors.
I downloaded the demo and is now completely sold on this masterpiece.

Sly-Fi Deflector is a badboy to!
You paid full price!? :o
I'm hoping this and the Millenia stuff will be in this year's BF sales... Started saving already.
Don't forget about their christmas countdown sales (hope they have them again this year).

spacekid wrote:... Don't forget about their christmas countdown sales (hope they have them again this year).
:tu: :party:

Ayorinde wrote:
I'm hoping this and the Millenia stuff will be in this year's BF sales... Started saving already.
The Millennia TCL-2 is on sale at the moment

ere2learn wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:
I'm hoping this and the Millennia stuff will be in this year's BF sales... Started saving already.
The Millennia TCL-2 is on sale at the moment
I know but I am totally brassic at the moment. :(

Presswerk and/or Pro-C 2

If you are in Logic Pro X, stay with the built-in compressor.

Klanghelm MJUC is the compressor I use the most. It is actually 3 compressors in one.But for mastering I use compressors from Melda mostly.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

between LIVE Glue and DC8C, really don't need anything else on the occasion that I'm actually using a compressor (Vocals, Drum Bus, Lead GTR)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

MJUC and DC8C2 are my current faves (as well as The Glue in Live9).

poshook wrote:If you are in Logic Pro X, stay with the built-in compressor.
or even Logic 9 (like me). It seems that people seem to forget about Logics built-in compressor quite often.

The Glue is lovely, but to me, its limited by staying strict to what its emulating.

I use Wave RenComp a lot, mostly because its so quick to use.

Lots of good advice here. We are in no shortage of good compressors. Apart from TDR I also endorse the TB BusCompressor, u-he PressWerk and MJUC

poshook wrote:If you are in Logic Pro X, stay with the built-in compressor.
I'd agree to this if we're talking about good all-rounders. The Logic Compressor & H-Comp is pretty much my favourite for this task.

I do have a few other favourites, but I don't think any of them are as flexible as the two I just mentioned.

Elysia Alpha Compressor or FabFilter Pro-C 2.

Nomad Factory BusDriver is quite good and at $5 is almost free (normally it's $130). here
Not quite as punchy as TheGlue but I find it pretty similar. It has a tube-saturation knob and a built-in soft-clip limiter. I also like it for how easy it is on CPU. One thing I don't like though is that it doesn't feature an oversampling option so it might display some aliasing issues on some materials.

The other one I like a lot is the free Melda MCompresor. Again, not quite as punchy as TheGlue, but close enough imo. As oposed to the NF BusDriver (and other character compressors), MCompressor is super clean and it doesn't produce aliasing issues due to the internal oversampling. It is incredibly light on the CPU as well. For example, around 15 instances of MCompressor use as much CPU as one instance of Kotelnikov.

KTlin wrote:Nomad Factory BusDriver is quite good and at $5 is almost free (normally it's $130). here
Not quite as punchy as TheGlue but I find it pretty similar. It has a tube-saturation knob and a built-in soft-clip limiter. I also like it for how easy it is on CPU. One thing I don't like though is that it doesn't feature an oversampling option so it might display some aliasing issues on some materials.
Busdriver is not just quite good - it's excellent on some material. The saturation is pretty awful though so that never gets used.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”