Stranded on desert island and you can only have 1 VST synth...which one?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

falcon, it is a beast and it runs stand-alone as well.

'Stranded on desert island and you can only have 1 VST synth...which one?'

Well if I was stranded on a desert (A desert is a barren area of land where little precipitation occurs and consequently living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life)

My knowledge of software wouldn’t help :-). Though some knowledge of ecology to find water and food could save my life.

Bio~Rhythm wrote:'Stranded on desert island and you can only have 1 VST synth...which one?'

Well if I was stranded on a desert (A desert is a barren area of land where little precipitation occurs and consequently living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life)

My knowledge of software wouldn’t help :-). Though some knowledge of ecology to find water and food could save my life.
Shush, spoilsport! :lol:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

U-he Diva synth.

Omnisphere2, great samples included.

Fairuza Balk circa 1996.

She's......she's a synth....right?

"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Dune 3 or Serum.

Bio~Rhythm wrote: Thu May 05, 2016 1:13 am 'Stranded on desert island and you can only have 1 VST synth...which one?'

i think in the case of a desert island, rather than being a desert, it's short for deserted :)

usually depicted in cartoons as a small round "beach" with a single coconut tree, so im worrying about power?
once the battery on the lap top is gone, well, im sure i do not need to explain! :o
calamity!

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:45 pm
Bio~Rhythm wrote: Thu May 05, 2016 1:13 am 'Stranded on desert island and you can only have 1 VST synth...which one?'

i think in the case of a desert island, rather than being a desert, it's short for deserted :)

usually depicted in cartoons as a small round "beach" with a single coconut tree, so im worrying about power?
once the battery on the lap top is gone, well, im sure i do not need to explain! :o
calamity!
I think the problem with this posit is not it being deserted (or desert, which more likely brings up our "back yard" off our mountain for me), but that it requires us to be stranded. Seems if one has the system, software and power to run it, then we're not really stranded at all. And can we assume we also have our preferred controllers too?

So does "stranded" then come down to just no internet? And then is "deserted" just never having an audience?

Both those things happen from time to time. But it seems the most important things during those times is to have software that doesn't need the internet and that we can be our own and only audience. Those would eventually drive many of us mad.

I would definitely need a companion.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

My previous answer was always. Tal uno lx. Because I make more and better music with it. But I found ANA 2 recently. Just as fun and easy but quite a bit deeper without being distracting.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”