The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Urs wrote:
ho66it wrote:
liquidsound wrote:A little hexagon Polyrhythm Generator ala Buchla.
This would be awesome!
Hehe, I'm currently trying to get the hang of West Coast stuff, but I'm not sure if Hive's hexagon would be the right to put it :clown:
Some Buchlaesque modules in Diva or Zebra 3 would be amazing :D Gotta dream...

I think what everyone is looking for in Hive is more variation in the waveforms. I understand that audio rate modulation from the oscillators isn't a good idea with Hive and that the constant modulator is a big part of the sound of hive, but I was thinking... Perhaps some single static cycles like saw, square, and sin available in the mod matrix as "constant like" modulators, that operate at audio rates. Something we could use to apply to waves and anywhere generally available to the constant? Perhaps even some of the new voltage modeling equations you are working on would apply well? Just a wish.

How about waveform editor ?

Similiar to the one from Zebra

Here's a thought! this isn't really for the Hexagon, but how about a stacking feature like in Diva? ^-^

You can already stack up the waveforms with it's unison, but I love however the stacking works in Diva which really REALLY seems to thicken and fatten up the entire patch. It can REALLY take the sound to a new level. Something like this for Hive would be a fun idea!

Urs wrote:Hehe, I'm currently trying to get the hang of West Coast stuff
Something may be cooking :hyper:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Update pleeaaase! I really want the "Favorite tab" feature... :(

Not a hexagon idea but how about switchable sound accuracy for Hive ( with offline accuracy settings ) ?

This is what I want in a third hex. An area to change the colors and brightness of the colors Diva style or better if you have a better option. Thanks.

We'll see...

Everything might end up completely differently. We've realised more and more that we might have to rethink Hive's interface in total. Thus there's a great chance, like in some 3rd party skins, there won't be a Hexagon anymore.

Most feature requests sound really good, but I always wonder how to fit them into that hexagon. I actually wonder how to fit anything into it. I ask myself, isn't it merely a constant source of compromise...? And what for...? I think the hexagon has always been merely a visual gadget, but it doesn't serve any special purpose. It could be any form, and I think that many other forms would allow for better layout of the Hexagon's content.

I think that's why this thread hasn't ever concluded - the problem was never what to put into it, when the actual issue at hand is whether to keep it at all.

That said, we have no plans to abandon Hive or any of its current skins. To the contrary, we have started working on a new - additional - user interface skin, and we might pick up a few feature requests. Also, some work that has been done for Zebra might end up in Hive as well.

What do you guys think? Is the hexagon utterly important for Hive's identity or shall we drop it if it allows us to better implement new features?

Urs wrote: What do you guys think? Is the hexagon utterly important for Hive's identity or shall we drop it if it allows us to better implement new features?
Drop it like it's hot.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

please leave it there. I really enjoy it and it makes me feel so spacey :D seriously..at least leave the skin as an option please.

In the battle of form vs function I'm almost always on the side of the latter. If you're finding the hexagon restricts more than it provides I think you already have your answer.
Feel free to call me Brian.

I think you're thinking too much. Put anything that's even remotely useful in there and I'd be grateful. Tons of great suggestions, and it's become a little infuriating that nothing is happening after all this time and discussion. But, it's your synth, and it's your call. Hive is great as it is. It does what it does very well, and we all have other options should we feel a little restricted by it. It doesn't have to become the Swiss army synth, there's always Zebra.

ariston wrote:I think you're thinking too much. Put anything that's even remotely useful in there and I'd be grateful. Tons of great suggestions, and it's become a little infuriating that nothing is happening after all this time and discussion. But, it's your synth, and it's your call. Hive is great as it is. It does what it does very well, and we all have other options should we feel a little restricted by it. It doesn't have to become the Swiss army synth, there's always Zebra.
+1

A true 2.0 upgrade would be changing the unused hexagon to an unused dodecagon (12 sided polygon). :ud:

Return to “u-he”