Functions in the Edit view panel

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All.
Mulab is a fantastic DAW and i am very satisfied with purchasing it. As a newbie in the music production world I have a request for whoever can help me. I am in the Edit view panel and i right click and the drop down menu comes up. I select functions and there comes up a list of functions. I read the entire docs and experimented but couldn't figure out exactly what these particular functions below do. Can anyone give me a rundown? it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Step recorder
-Trim to played
-consolidate
-change times
-change keys
-change velocities
-legato notes
-quantize lenghts
-change lenghts
-make triggered notes
and
-thin out events.

-quantize lenghts
If you have recorded live played and your note length is not as expected, this can set the selected notes to your desired length

-change lenghts
If you need to shorten/lengthen notes, select those notes and use this function. Check the functions options in the Mulab docs.

-make triggered notes
Some drum instruments might not need/want long notes to be triggered, but just very short trigger notes. Select some notes and this function makes them short

-thin out events
If you have e.g. recorded pitch bend movements, you might get a loooot of data, which could cost you timing precision when you use external, midi driven, instruments. This function reduces the amount of data.
Should not benecessary if you stay in Mulab with software instruments

Thanks a lot AndreasD!

Sorry, I had to stop for something urgent.

-Step recorder
This steps one grid line further with every note you play. Not so imprtant anymore since we have the step sequencer in M7

-change times
-change keys
-change velocities
These change note start position, note pitch and note velocity, respectively. Very useful in the piano roll editor when editing. These functions will be applied to all selected notes. There are various other ways in Mulab to achieve the same thing.

-legato notes
If you need two notes to overlap, aka legato, select the notes, apply the function and the early note length will be changed so that the 1st note end is just a =bit later than the 2nd note.

You are the best AndreasD. I really appreciate your help.

Return to “MUTOOLS”