MMorph Side signal missing

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello people,

Just bought Meldaproduction's Mmorph, and somehow don't get the side signal working.

I use Cockos Reaper and make 1 track with the Mmorph only and set a preset (for example "Hale Line's") where there's a side chain needed. Then i make a 2nd track to send to channel 1/2, I see movement in the IN Meter from Mmorph, and can hear it when turning the Ratio down towards Dry A. I then use a 3th track and send it to channel 3/4, just the same as when i would use compressor side chain, but in this case when it's being played i do not see any movement in the SIDE Meter from Mmorph. It stay's at -300dB.

To be sure i still know how to side chain and that Reaper's side chain is still working i tested it with a compressor, but that's working perfectly, some nice bass ducking going on. I read the Mmorph's manual, found a couple short demo movies, but no good instructions how to setup Side signals in Mmorph. I then tried to see if more people have such issues, and that's how i got here at KVR :hyper:

so anyway, my guessing is that i am doing something really wrong and need help. :help: That, or i just discovered a bug?

I use Cockos Reaper v5.201 in 64 bit on an iMac with OS X El Capitan, everything upgraded to the latest version, Mmorph is version 9.22

Kind regards,
Pascal

I'm not at my computer, but you're missing one last step. Open morph, click the button in the top right of the window that shows the input/output matrix of the plug in. It is part of reaper not the plugin window. You need to ensure that channels 3/4 are sent to the side chain, it is not automatically set, unlike your side chain compressor. You may only see channels 1&2 so may need to press the + button to see 3&4.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll get a screenshot for you once I'm at a computer.

Hope that helps!

Here's the screenshot:
morph.jpg
1 - click the input output button
2 - expand the input to add channels 3&4
3 - make channel 3 go to sidechain 1 and channel 4 go to sidechain 2

that should fix it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's exactly as you said!! It's working now. Thank you very much. :tu:

Guess i need to practice my sidechaining more,i always only use the standard reaper compressor for that, so i never thought about the matrix.

I'm going to put your screenshot on my desktop so i will never forget it :)

Case solved

Excellent, enjoy!

Return to “MeldaProduction”