Midi Chord Detector?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I know from Google that this comes up every few years, but I haven't seen anything recently. Does anyone know of a plugin or program that would analyze a standard midi file and return the names of the chords used? Preferably 64 bit . . . .

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I know from Google that this comes up every few years, but I haven't seen anything recently. Does anyone know of a plugin or program that would analyze a standard midi file and return the names of the chords used? Preferably 64 bit . . . .

Thanks!
It may fall to you to be the person that creates the plug-in or program.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

might worth to try
insertpizhere, midiChordAnalyzer...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=300566

Thanks! Liquid Music looks like a possibility. I have tried finding some of the piz plugins (which seem good, too), but the link appears to be dead. Did these get moved someplace else?

uhmm.
there is Google Code Archive also
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pizmidi/downloads
but seems chord analyzer not included in this packages either.

i PM'd with the chord analyzer x64 version link.

I hope it helps.

i found it thanks to Way Back Machine
https://web.archive.org/web/20121122091 ... rdAnalyzer

i downloaded all versions just in case...
let me know if you can not download i can upload to my G drive again to share the links.

Not a plugin, I know, but Cubase can do it. :shrug:

RapidComposer and Harmony Navigator/Synfire are other options.

FYI, Piz Chord Analyzer only detects block chords, not arpeggio or counterpoint or melody. It does not accept midi file too. Just very basic stuff.

Logic has one built in, but it is laughably bad when the harmony is more complex than just a simple triad.

Chord ID is something of an individual process. If you have A C E F# you can look at it in many ways depending on context. It could be construed as a F# half dim or Am6 or even D9 with the root omitted, all depending on how you are using it.

It's more than just statically naming the chord, it's how it functions. A plug-in cannot help you with that. You have to just learn the shit until it groks :D

+1 for Liquid Notes, will analyze a chord track and display them on the piano roll and give you options for changing tension; its analysis is done online. You start by dropping in a midi file. (Chordex app will do individual ones; different but nice)
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

You can try toontrack ezkeys. its a piano vsti that shows you the note/chord being played. It works perfectly with even the most complex chords (you might need to get familiar with the notation though).
I ONLY LIKE MUSIC WITH CHARACTER
SOUNDCLOUD

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”