Playlist: Thumbnails vanished

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The little "thumbnail-pictures" of the notes in a clip in the playlist are suddenly not visible any more.
The clips are just blanc, although they contain a lot of notes.
What can I do about that?

Hi, the thumbnails are optional. You can re-enable them going to Options->Preferences->General->Show playlist contents.

Thank you, but as you can see this option is enabled, still the thumbnails are not visible.
nora.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Really weird. Does Nora draw note pitches? (Shift + Drag up/down mouse on the Phrase Editor notes). Which DAW are you using and which is your OS? I assume you're using Nora 2.56, right?

Yes, Nora 2.56, DAW: Cubase, OS: Win 7/64

I'll try the note-pitches-drawing when I am back at my DAW-PC this evening (german time).

The funny thing is, that the thumbnails were visible at the beginning (I have Nora since a few days). Than all of a sudden, while I was working in the playlist, they disappeard, I don't know why...

Note pitches and the clip thumbnails are based in the same code, that's why I ask. We have the same time, I'll wait for your reply :)

Yes, note-pitch-drawing works fine.

And when I drag a new Pattern from the browser into the playlist, that one shows (yet) the thumbnail.

Perhaps when I start modefying a new clip, like I did with the others, the thumbnail will disappear again? Any Idea of what could be the matter?
nora2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could you please send me the *.npj (Nora-> File->Save) and a simple Cubase project where the bug happens (two files) with no plugins/samples or only free plugins loaded? Send them to support [at] squaredheads [dot] com

Yes, done.

Thank you, I got the files and I went able to reproduce the problem. I'll investigate it this week, I'll notify you as soon as I have a solution.

I've been investigating the 'problem' which is in fact a 'feature'. Notice the notes you are using are pretty small and the playlist horizontal zoom isn't too big. If you zoom in the playlist you will notice the note appears again.

What's it happening? Nora, to save CPU resources, does not paint the notes in the clips that have less than 1 pixel of width. I can easily add an preference to force to Nora to paint everynote which lenght is less than 1 pixel as 1 pixel note if you struggle with this behavior.

Thank you. Yes, I would be great for the Overview in the playlist, when the notes could be seen, even if the zoom is at that size.

Ok! I will prepare a quick option for that. I'll notify you as soon as I have it.

Return to “Squaredheads”