Looking for a specific sound, asking what VST should be used.

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It used to be called Techno :ud:

You are correct sir! :)

BITWORD wrote:If you have to shave your ear lobes once a month, then you probably don't like EDM - how's that for weird :) (but possibly true)

Seriously though, what happened to just plain old electronic music - there is something to be appreciated in all of it. Wasn't it once called electronica? Welcome to KVR NineIrony!
The point is, if you dont know what you're talkin' bout then its best you shut up, otherwise you might confuse other people (including yourself). :wink:

That confused me ;)

BITWORD wrote:If you have to shave your ear lobes once a month, then you probably don't like EDM - how's that for weird :) (but possibly true)

Seriously though, what happened to just plain old electronic music - there is something to be appreciated in all of it. Wasn't it once called electronica? Welcome to KVR NineIrony!
I shave my ear lobes once a week;
I like EDM;
But then, I also shave the palms of my hands...

I honestly don't understand the snobbery around here.

When I grew up, music was music. And when electronic music came into existence, it was just that. You could like Kraftwerk and Human League.

But whatever.

Silly me to think that prejudice would exist everywhere but in the world of music.

Ayorinde wrote:

I shave my ear lobes once a week;
I like EDM;
But then, I also shave the palms of my hands...
:hihi:

I forget to shave my ear lobes because my mirror broke (but that's a whole other topic - it broke on it's own... like some weird spooky movie - still freaks me out........)

Personally, I enjoy all kinds of music, never been a loyalist to one style, I just like a good song to move me, if I'm standing or sitting - something to connect to. :hug:

IMO the term 'Music' in those genres is misleading. If there is anything remotely musical in there, sooner or later it will be literally "beaten to death" by that unimaginative, incessant Beat! :-o

Beats have nothing to do with 'real' drumming!

They should call it Electronic Dance Noise!

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

^^ damn those DJs and their abilities to entrance young sexy nymphets :cry: :cry:

dark water wrote:^^ damn those DJs and their abilities to entrance young sexy nymphets :cry: :cry:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I will have to take a cold shower now.

:lol:

zxant wrote: IMO the term 'Music' in those genres is misleading. If there is anything remotely musical in there, sooner or later it will be literally "beaten to death" by that unimaginative, incessant Beat! :-o

That's an offense to the Noise genre!

zxant wrote: 
IMO the term 'Music' in those genres is misleading. If there is anything remotely musical in there, sooner or later it will be literally "beaten to death" by that unimaginative, incessant Beat! :-o

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

Love your humour! :ud:

Return to “Sound Design”