Leaving 32 bit plugins behind?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Schiffbauer wrote:I´m always using my fully developed XP with dualcore and my system is fast.
I can use my hardware synths and all my beloved 32-bit plugins and for sure, I´ll never leave them
behind. Should I trash my old vintage gear too? So I am with Layzer - XP forever!!
The consciousness of most of the people on this world is quite average and that dictates the way they see life, existence - well everything! EVERYTHING.

The way that translates in day to day things, is that most people follow what others are doing, or what is being pushed on them to the point of not questioning things too much, let alone fighting for alternatives or even understanding the reasons for the supposedly "needed changes, i.e. following the mainstream or various sub-groups. On one side it's easier to do that, but on the other side, such individuals feel safer within numbers, that's just a natural phenomena of those levels of consciousness. Though that does make them easy to be manipulated, they allow it, and you can see this with most people measuring which is the greater/lesser of two evils, throughout life, across many of its aspects. Of course the mind excuses this whole process through self-justification, subjective morality and subjective perception utilizing primarily surface reasons for the change, hence millions upon millions of internet posts or conversations about any single topic, where this phenomena is occurring. It's indicative of something larger than just the computer field. This is why you can see it in many places, not just here with this particular issue/subject.

Some individuals do not even know why they are changing, they just "think" it is better, but they do not really know. Most are pressured internally, from within themselves to keep up with the "latest and greatest", when one gives into one aspect, it carries across to other areas of their life. Too much is placed on the tools, as being the saving grace of one's endeavors. This need to always add more external value, in order to do things, but in the end, few actually end up really doing something. When you are surrounded by high value externally, but you have few things of high value to express from yourself, there is a cancelling out, so that, nothing is really said, even though the latest and greatest may be in your possession. While the more complex tools allow for broader possibilities, whether anything of any value or relevance is being done with them, is an entirely different issue, no tool can address.

Just the fact that one has to make a forum topic telling others about these kind of things, says at which level such individuals operate. And that's not a denigration, but simple observation.

In the end, use what best bridges your internal reality to the external one, whether it be something 5000 years old, or just off the factory floor last week. And be happy that you can use both. It was not always so, nor may it always be so.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

iam on 64bit these days. if needs to be i can build 32bit w7/xp machine anytime. so all's ok

HunterKiller wrote: Some individuals do not even know why they are changing, they just "think" it is better, but they do not really know.
Hunterkiller - you´re right....
these are the best words to describe it. Most people are not "Smombies", they are "Lombies"
(Living, but externally controlled and without personal opinion) - they do what all others do
and thinking it´s right to do so, without thinking over it.
See - the "Brexit" - First thinking before acting....

Wandering soullessly over the planet with all the junk mails, commercials and propagandas in mind just
before their head explodes. You want it - you´ll get it - buy it. But do I need it?

New car, new phone, new watch, new PC and so on....Need no cameras - We´ve got the I-/Smartphone,
but that´s also not true. An I-phone or smartphone does only make a little better pics like these old polaroids....
When I compare those pictures, made with my smartphone with pictures,
made with my "real" digi-cam - it´s like day and night.....

But I won´t ramble on this way....you´ve said the truth..... May people think and do what they want.
Personally "I" can use all those wonderful old synths, someone can´t use nevermore, because j-bridging
doesn´t work (on all 32-Bit plugs). I can use big Kontakt-libraries (for sure no big GB-ones), but I´m not
a professional musician, who earns money with it or works in that industry.

For example, my PC-DAW-systems is optimal configured to work with my (old too)
hardwaresynths and there is no need for 64-bit the next 10 years I think.....
don´t know, what the future will be.....

So no one has to overboard with this "64-bit good and 32-bit bad plugs".... cos that is not true.
I get the creeps by people with this persuasion.... why change a winning team...?
It´s even not true 64-bit sounds better than 32-bit - nonsense - there´s no sonic difference.
People has to inform about these technical differences of both systems. Nothing to do with audio.
But all - that´s my 2 cent...

In regards to moving up to a new computer with Windows 10 the answer is clear to me.
My old machine was not eligible for a free upgrade. I wanted more so I got more. That's okay working two jobs to support myself allowed me to afford it. As well and more to the point. Microsoft is no longer supporting Vista. (Gee what does that mean) It means many software vendors are also discontinuing support for titles. This represents a security flaw. For those who don't care about security issues or software updates that's fine. For those of us who work in the tech field it's a requirement that we have the proper tools to do our job.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Schiffbauer wrote:
tapper mike wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

I did end up looking for a couple of the instruments, but when I reloaded them, I realized I had 64 bit stuff that sounded better. (memory is not always accurate)
Someone in this forum had commented about how much better KLC M1 was in 64 bit over it's 32-bit predecessor. At the time I didn't believe them. I finally installed the 64 bit version and... It does sound better to my ears. Same sound card.

dzilizzi wrote:

What a horrible bullshit??!!

There´s no sonic difference between 32 and 64 bit. The only advantage is, that with 64 bit plugins you
can adress more than 4 GB RAM (32-bit XP for example 3,2 GB RAM). The processors may get faster, but
this difference isn´t massive too. It´s your own subtil feel, that 64-Bit may sound better, but it
doesn´t.
And I can´t hear these discussions no more. If you want to use 64-Bit plugs or 32-bit with
j-bridge - do it. The only advantage is for using big sample libraries (500 GB for example) like
EWQL or so - if are you a full time musician and professional producer - alright. All other "fluffies"
bought their 64-bit as they always buy the newest smartphone, because mother "commercials" is
telling them.

I´m always using my fully developed XP with dualcore and my system is fast.
I can use my hardware synths and all my beloved 32-bit plugins and for sure, I´ll never leave them
behind. Should I trash my old vintage gear too? So I am with Layzer - XP forever!!
Everyone's listening experience is subjective. Including yours and including mine.

One cannot equate an isolated issue with an isolated product by an isolated company as being true for all 64 bit plugins across the board. Sorry things didn't work as you had hoped for EWQL.

As I had financial means to do so when I bought my new Win10 pro desktop I got it with a 5th Gen 17 and 16 Gigs of ram. Plenty of power and plenty of storage. When I upgraded my DAW to Mixcraft 7 Pro I had options to install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit or both. I chose 64. Within Mixcraft 64 the 64bit plugins are also available in 32 bit. I have not done extensive testing comparisons between the two. Nor do I wish to. Some of the "lesser" included plugins are carry overs from freeware 32bit plugins.
No they don't sound any better to my ears. But the fact that they are already there and already 64bit in a 64bit environment saves me time and hassle. Some of those same plugins have now gotten a face lift in a pay version.... The Arturia V collection 5. The face lift doesn't imho make it "sound better" however it does make many of these plugins (Model C, Model F) more usable / accessible to me due to the extensive use of preset w/ effects. I'm lazy. I'd rather find that perfect preset sound rather then dig around trying to recreate. I'm not that lazy or financially secure to be that lazy where I would purchase the Arturia Collection any time in the near future.

Jbridge
Works for 32 to 64 AND 64 to 32.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Instruments”