I'm still surprised that I have this skill...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I needed a 60 second license-free piece of light classical music (strings mostly) to back up a video ad going on Facebook. I knew in my head what I wanted it to sound like, and (briefly) considered buying something from an audio library. But then I figured I would take a stab at it...

Fired up the DAW, prepped some tracks with Kontakt (Pro Strings, etc.) and Sampletank (cinematic perc.) and noodled around a bit. 15 minutes later, I had exactly what I wanted. Original and license free.

That I can do this, and do it well, amazes me. I don't make any income from music, and I don't know if I would enjoy it as much if it was my livelihood. But after a lifetime of doing it, I can definitely say that I've developed some skills. I'm sure a lot of you on KVR feel the same way--it's such a part of your life that if you don't stop to think about it you may tend to take it for granted.

So this small project was my moment. Just a brief time to step back, admire my own handiwork and say, "whoa..."

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I needed a 60 second license-free piece of light classical music (strings mostly) to back up a video ad going on Facebook. I knew in my head what I wanted it to sound like, and (briefly) considered buying something from an audio library. But then I figured I would take a stab at it...

Fired up the DAW, prepped some tracks with Kontakt (Pro Strings, etc.) and Sampletank (cinematic perc.) and noodled around a bit. 15 minutes later, I had exactly what I wanted. Original and license free.

That I can do this, and do it well, amazes me. I don't make any income from music, and I don't know if I would enjoy it as much if it was my livelihood. But after a lifetime of doing it, I can definitely say that I've developed some skills. I'm sure a lot of you on KVR feel the same way--it's such a part of your life that if you don't stop to think about it you may tend to take it for granted.

So this small project was my moment. Just a brief time to step back, admire my own handiwork and say, "whoa..."

Cheers
-B

Alot of value would be added to this anecdote if we could also hear the music you´re talking about..

Best Regards

Roman Empire

I know exactly what you mean. For years I've been trying to keep my house fly-free, but every now and then one somehow bypasses my screen door and invades my humble domicile. In the past I've had to chase them around the house with a fly swatter like an escaped lunatic for hours. Recently, however, I've been able to track them down in a matter of minutes and dispatch them with extreme prejudice with almost no misses. I've been trying to adapt my story into a lifetime specials but unfortunately no one wants to purchase the rights. I keep hoping, though.

So instead of supporting an honest developer with a few miserly coins you did what? What a cheapskate. :x

Seriously, fair play to you. I'd do it too, if I could. :) :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

musicmaking is like riding a bike , you never forget

on a sidenote though , its a shame you seem to have quit musicmaking in favor of making ads or utube vids or whatever else ! never give up friend ,its obvious you have the skills , why not put them to use ?
"Proud Steinberg Cubase 8.5 User ever since Cubasis AV"

koukouba wrote:musicmaking is like riding a bike , you never forget
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”