Free true peak limiter VST Maxwell Smart (v2.0)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Maxwell Smart

Maxwell (still in Beta) is even more awesome, but I hope that Nikko will release it at some point because it really deserves it, it's that good!

It's easy if you know how

WOW! Looks great. I'll be waiting and watching. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's been in beta for the last 3.5 years, I still love and use it and I hope it will be released to the public.
The only downside is that it's created with Flowstone, so there won't be a 64 bit version of it.

I'm still on 32 bit so that's not a problem for me. Let's hope it gets released. The first post is only about two years old. It takes me longer than that to finish a song these days. :hihi:

Aloysius wrote:The first post is only about two years old. It takes me longer than that to finish a song these days. :hihi:
I totally get you :hihi:

Ineed to say, this thing is really powerfull!

lesha wrote:The only downside is that it's created with Flowstone, so there won't be a 64 bit version of it.
That's a real shame. I remember using Maxwell Smart in its original incarnation and it was indeed a very capable limiter. Only producing Windows 32bit VSTs these days seems a bit short-sighted as that's quite a small market for plugins. Yes you can use bridging plugins as a container but it's a faff and a hassle. Reaper can bridge automatically but I've found a bridged plugin is never quite as stable as a native plugin. And using Flowstone just smacks of a developer who can't actually code... because if they could, they would use a framework like JUCE or iPlug and do the job properly! Certainly with iPlug there's enough examples included to allow you to generate a basic plugin within minutes so there's no excuse!!!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

There are plenty of people using 32 bit Plug-ins, including myself. And in case you hadn't noticed, the Plug-in is FREE. I don't think he needs to justify himself to some random poster on the Internet.
short-sighted
small market
it's a faff and a hassle
just smacks of a developer who can't actually code... because if they could, they would use a framework like JUCE or iPlug and do the job properly!
there's no excuse!!!
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning by any chance?

Regarding the posted pic...a limiter with an attack knob, I admit I don't get it.

I mean if you dial in some attack, isn't the purpose of a limiter, to limit the signal to a certain threshold, being partly defeated because with attack some of the inital higher level than threshold gets through or am I wrong ?

Aloysius wrote:Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning by any chance?
Hah, yeah probably. Never-the-less, c'mon it's 2016 and there are people are still (theoretically) releasing commercial (ie paid for) plugins using an antiquated framework that can only spit out 32bit Windows VSTs! Doesn't that sound slightly odd to you?

That would be like Sony saying "we are not going to manufacture LCD flat-panel televisions. Our factory can only make CRTs and we're not going to invest in upgrading it"... sure, they show a picture but would you want to buy one?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

You have a point. ;)

cprompt wrote: That would be like Sony saying "we are not going to manufacture LCD flat-panel televisions. Our factory can only make CRTs and we're not going to invest in upgrading it"... sure, they show a picture but would you want to buy one?
Yes! I want a CTR tv to use with an old sega genesis I bougth last year

But I'm really amazed how clean and clear this maxwell smart can sound.

Turello wrote:I really like You compensated latency of 4ms
What do you mean by "compensated latency"?

Reaper reports a latency of 176 samples for this plug.

Chris-S wrote:
Turello wrote:I really like You compensated latency of 4ms
What do you mean by "compensated latency"?

Reaper reports a latency of 176 samples for this plug.
That's correct: 4 * 44.1 = 176.4
Latency is compensated by your DAW

Return to “Effects”