SoloRack modular synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote:But you still have to buy the rack AND modules to make sounds from the get go.

If it came as a basic package at a decent price, i think you would attract more business.
No, as I said before. The rack is free. And ALL the modules are INCLUDED with it and make sound WITHOUT buying anything. They just work in demo mode.

Then when you buy a few modules, those modules are activated, others are NOT, but those others will still work in demo mode.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Ah ok...

S0lo wrote:
deastman wrote:I definitely think you need to offer a starter set of modules like what Softube did, rather than just an empty track. I started way in 1996 with a Doepfer Basic System 2, because I wanted a full system to without initially having to buy individual modules. Any new synth should be capable of making noises right out of the box.
The thing is that I'm offering the synth engine its self for free.

Introductory offers aside, As far as I can underhand, the bundle (starter set) is supposed to give you a REDUCED price, summing to a regular synth price like $99 or a highly pimped synth like $150, or a high end synth like $200. If I price the modules in a away that lets you build a regular synth for about $99, a highly pimped synth for about $150 and a high end for about $200, Would that be a problem?
Okay, that sounds reasonable. I think I'll just stop complaining now and wait to see what we actually get when this is released. :wink: :oops:

EDIT:
Actually, think about this some more, I'd still prefer that you offer a "basic system" package for $99, or "the works" for $200, in addition to the option of a la carte pricing. I'd like to see a significant discount for a quantity purchase- just give me a better price if I pay up front for everything you've got, and that's the way I'm likely to go.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Im less and less interested with each message. Noise in demo mode? Nooo! Pay for every module from ground up? Nooo!
I think you aré missing the point about your business model: you cant compare hardware and software, we already have NI blocks and the softube, thinking in planning whatbsoftware modules to get next Is nosense. We already have the hardware modulars for that. I use software mainly when Im away from the studio or when I need to be quick, I'm not going to spend any time pretending a piece of software is the real thing... Also you say pricing it cheap will make people dont appreciate the synth?... Well check toneboosters, klanghelm,... The products speak by themselves. I really want your modular to be a reality because it seme to sound good and would be an affordable alternative, but sadly It seems is taking the wrong way. :(

When is the release supposed to be? Is that info in here somewhere and I missed it?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:When is the release supposed to be? Is that info in here somewhere and I missed it?
Not decided yet. Still early days.
www.solostuff.net

men you have to do something really great , now i know the sound of 'softube modular' , doepfer module are good , but intellijel modules are CRAZY !

hivkorn wrote:men you have to do something really great , now i know the sound of 'softube modular' , doepfer module are good , but intellijel modules are CRAZY !
mind to share a demo?
Murderous duck!

Here is what I'm working on at the moment.
SB11.jpg
Patch points will look more realistic in the final.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.solostuff.net

After Diva and Basille this really caught my eye,
i passed on Softube Modular for some reason.
To me this is kinda amazing, even with little info.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:After Diva and Basille this really caught my eye,
i passed on Softube Modular for some reason.
To me this is kinda amazing, even with little info.
You may not find it so amazing when 10 modules cost you $300.

Let's hope for a "reasonable" pricing model because I really like what I'm hearing. But I'm easily seeing this as being affordable for a very, very few and I'm not one of them.

Wagz you might be right but...something being high quality does not diminish
its quality based on the price. I was strictly talking about the impression,
regardless of its cost, 300 or 3000$ but you are right if it is expensive.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

oops
Last edited by rouge on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

S0lo wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I appreciate your thinking, and understand your reasoning. I will come up with something. It's a bit too early, there are allot of modules I need to add, allot of testing and may be beta versions. It will take time before this is released. And even after it's released, there are so many module ideas to add.
Exactly my point. This could add up to a fortune in the blink of an eye.
Yes it could. Because I need to cover at least a fraction of my investment, here it is:
M1.jpg
M2.jpg
M3.jpg
And thats not all of it BTW.

foosnark wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Let's see how quickly this adds up to a fortune.
Here's my version:

Version 1:
just one oscillator module

This is multiple instances of oscillators, it's multiple LFOs, and it does FM. (Assuming the system supports signal mixing; that might be a second module.) It's a great MicroBrute expander already.

Version 2:
oscillator
envelope
VCA
filter

It's already super flexible and basically complete, and it costs $80, or $100 if the mixer is separate.

Version 3:
a cool logic module
sequencer
a wavetable oscillator or something else maybe

Still not near $280 yet.

Why would you consider individual FX modules to be essential to a modular system? 98% of the time those go after everything else in the chain, which means, just use existing effects. Except maybe for a delay to do Karplus-Strong type stuff, but again, that doesn't really count as "meat and potatoes."
Valid reasoning.
Dear God man, what have you done!? Did you buy all that at once!?

play with the free sonigen modular and see how often you use it before laying down cash for a modular system.
i played with sonigen a few times then forgot about it. word to the wise.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”