Purchased SynthMaster 2.6--Can't find file. PLEASE HELP!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the producing game and just need some quick help on downloading some software. I purchased SynthMaster 2.6 and have unzipped the file onto my computer. I have a Mac, and therefore OSX. I'm not sure where the file goes, because although the installter says the software was installed successfully, I cant seem to find it. Any help or step by step instructions you guys could give me for installing the software and also downloading it into Ableton Live 9 would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Adam

overlander8 wrote:I'm relatively new to the producing game and just need some quick help on downloading some software. I purchased SynthMaster 2.6 and have unzipped the file onto my computer. I have a Mac, and therefore OSX. I'm not sure where the file goes, because although the installter says the software was installed successfully, I cant seem to find it. Any help or step by step instructions you guys could give me for installing the software and also downloading it into Ableton Live 9 would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Hi, sorry to hear about your trouble.

As the makers of SynthMaster have a dedicated help forum here, it would be best to post directly in their subforum: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98
KVR General Forum Rules:
Topics should be posted in the relevant forum. If you are seeking support for a product whose company has an official forum here at KVR please post in the company's forum.
However, on your posting I'm a little unsure if you just have unzipped Synthmaker, or if you also did run the installer after unzipping it?

Info about installation can be found in the SynthMaster quick start guide:
http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster/ ... tguide.pdf
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you so much for the quick reply--I will post in the appropriate forum. As for your question, I have run the installer. It says that it was successfully installed but in Finder all I see is a folder with plug-ins that I click on and it says there's "no application to open it with".

overlander8 wrote:Thank you so much for the quick reply--I will post in the appropriate forum. As for your question, I have run the installer. It says that it was successfully installed but in Finder all I see is a folder with plug-ins that I click on and it says there's "no application to open it with".
But if you want to run a third party plugin in Abelton, you need to use Ableton to try and load the plugin.

If you can assign Ableton to look in the folder the plugin was installed, you might get it to load.

A quick google, gives this link which can provide some help about setting up Ableton for AU plugs: sonicbloom.net/en/ableton-live-tutorial-setting-up-plug-ins/

overlander8 wrote:Thank you so much for the quick reply--I will post in the appropriate forum. As for your question, I have run the installer. It says that it was successfully installed but in Finder all I see is a folder with plug-ins that I click on and it says there's "no application to open it with".
You can only run Synthmaster from within a host. There is no standalone.

If you haven't already, close Live, re-open it. Live should scan plugins automatically. It should show up in Live's browser under plugins. Since Synthmaster is both AU and VST, you can look in both places. It should be there.

I you don't see AU or VST in the browser under Plugins. Go to Preferences, then the "File Folder" tab and enable both use AU and VST.

There's no need to locate the files on your Mac, as they're plugins and can't be opened as a file or application. The host (Live in your case) scans the appropriate directories and shows them.

Hope this helps.

Awesome, that was it--I didn't realize it wasn't a standalone and that I hadn't enabled VST and AU. You guys rock, thank you so much.

Good to hear!

Happy music making! :tu:

Hi i am also new into producing, downloaded fl studio 12 few months ago and i recently got a tip to start using synthmaster and the problem is that when i want to download the demo before purchasing the full version is that there is no tutorial on how to do it. Anyone that would like to help me asap, would exchange for a payment if i get live help trough skype or facebook. Please reply

Great reegards!

needhelpman- I guess they did not include the PDF manual in your download as I went to the fiull version right away. One thing you can do and which will help you immensely, is to go to Youtube where there are lots of good videos explain most features.

I have been trying for a few days constantly without finding any good tutorial on youtube. Got a problem where i don't find my vst folder, i manage to download the plugin and install it but i can't find it afterwards.

Hmm, when you do the download and start the install, there should be a window come up that asks you where to install the plugin. Most times, it comes with a default as a selection I believe. Maybe try doing the install again.

Return to “KV331 Audio”