How to get the Engine plugin to appear in Logic Pro?

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just migrated from a Mac Pro 5.1 (mid-2010) running Mountain Lion (10.8.5) to a Mac Pro 6.1 (late 2013) running Yosemite (10.10.5), and as usual there are lots of loose ends to tie up with my 219 plugins.

I can't get the Engine plugin to appear in Logic Pro (v9.1.8 ) on the new Mac. When I click-hold the plugin insertion button and pull the contextual menu down to "AU Instruments", the secondary contextual menu does not include an item for "Best Service". Yet, when I do the same thing on my old Mac, the "Best Service" contextual menu item appears, and the Engine plugin and its various options are listed. The application (Logic Pro) is the same. As far as I can tell, the only differences are the computer and the operating system version.

I've downloaded Installer Mac OSX 2.3.0.46 from the Best Service support page and reinstalled the package on the new Mac. I can confirm that the Engine.component (v2.3.0.46) is installed in the directory path (bootvolume)/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/, exactly the same as on the old Mac. But even after restarting the computer, Logic doesn't load the plugin. It doesn't even show up in the Audio Units Manager list.

Can anyone tell me how to force Logic to load the plugin?

Thanks!
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Never mind. I rescanned all the audio units (a real pain...but a necessary one in this case), and then Logic recognized the Engine plugin. All is cool again. 8)
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Great have fun! :)

Return to “Best Service”