Help with making a MultiSampla from an Audio File

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinda noobish question: I want to add markers to a 4 minute song in MuLab so I can use those markers to make the notes of a multisample. I have two options:

1 — I can add the song by going to Project > Import Audio File. Having it as an audio part in the composer allows me to enter the Audio Lab (the tab on the left of the transposer switches to Edit), where I can easily play the song and go around adding markers in parts I like. However, I can't seem to find the way of using this Audio File with its markers in MultiSampla, or converting it to a Sample.

2 — I can use insted Project > Import Sample Sound/Loop. This way I can easily use the sample in MultiSampla, defining for each note a starting marker and end marker. However, when I right-click the sample in the browser and then "Edit", it opens an Audio Lab window where I can add markers but just find a way of playing the audio I'm editing (the play button in transpose panel just plays the whole composition, and the tab on the left of the transpose panel doesn't switch to Edit). Without playing it, it's much harder to add the markers in parts I like.

Is there something I am missing?
Thankyou for your help!
Tomasab (or dj vento)

Sorry about the delay. A multisampla works with samples so if you want to slice up that 4 minute song and play it with a multisampla you need to import the song as a sample, not as an audio file. Also see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... mples.html

Thankyou, Jo!

The thing is, if I import the song as a sample and then go to edit the sample (so I can put markers) I can't get to play the sample in that Audio Lab window. There's no play head and the play button does nothing but play the whole composition. Without hearing the sample, it's hard (and not fun!) to put the markers. Did you understand it now?

Thanks again and congratulations on the great work on MuLab these last years!
Tomasab (or dj vento)

Tip: You can alt-click sample sections to monitor the section between the previous and next markers.

Return to “MUTOOLS”