A question about MWobbler and Sidechaining in Logic Pro X

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Im playing with MWobbler and the sidechaining function in Logic Pro X. I have it up and running and can get it to work with i.e. an kick drum. Now to the question. There seems to always be some wet signal from the plugin effecting the sound of the target track but I would like the effect to only kick in when there is a signal from the side chain, is that possible? As it is now the effect is only enhanced by the side chain input but I would like it to be silent when there is no side chain input.

I hope I can do this somehow, but just can't find out how to do this.

Thanks in advance
Niklas

Do you mean the Side-chain in the Follower? (I haven't used MWobbler myself.) Perhaps use the Equalizer for filter out the unwanted frequencies from the sidechain signal?
Eq button shows the settings of the side-chain equalizer. This equalizer does not affect the outgoing signal, but processes the signal entering the level detector. You can use it to target those frequencies to which you want the processor to react.

In most cases you will be using low/high/band-pass filters to remove those parts of the spectrum that you are not interested in utilizing. For example, to make the detector react to a bass drum, you may use a low-pass filter with a frequency of say 100 Hz.

Additionally, the equalizer lets you perform more complicated processing. For example, you may want the detector to react to the whole spectrum, but especially the high end of the spectrum, in which case a high-shelf filter may be the appropriate one to choose.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

you can open up a modulator, set it to envelope and activate the sidechain input. Then use this mod to modulate the dry/wet parameter.
Does that help?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hey

thanks for the answer. Yes, the Side-Chain in the Follower must be active for this to work. I then use the Side Chain feature in Logic Pro for the input to MWobbler. Here, as signal input, I only have a very short kick and else it is silent. The problem is that there is a wet signal from MWobbler even without the signal from the side chain. I would like MWobbler to be dry until it is given a signal from the side chain. I have the same problem with Guitar Rig. Maybe the side chain just doesn't work as I think it should:) Well, it does when you use side chain compression but that is just because you can set the threshold, which I can't find i MWobbler.
DarkStar wrote:Do you mean the Side-chain in the Follower? (I haven't used MWobbler myself.) Perhaps use the Equalizer for filter out the unwanted frequencies from the sidechain signal?

I think these are territories I don't know how they work yet:) Can I open up a modulator i MWobbler somehow? Or do you mean I use an envelope follower in the effect chain to activate with the side chain signal?
jmg8 wrote:you can open up a modulator, set it to envelope and activate the sidechain input. Then use this mod to modulate the dry/wet parameter.
Does that help?

Ok, open MWobbler.
Click to the right where it says meters and subsystems.
Click the little check box in mod 1 to activate it.
Then click mod 1 to open it.
Along the top select follower.
Click the sidechain button.
Close the Window.
Right click on the mod and click clear and learn.
Then move the main dry/wet control all the way up and down.
Then click on the mod to stop it recording.
Now try it, let me know how you get on.

Thanks a lot jmg8! :)

That did the trick! I guess it works this way in all Meldas plugins?

Best regards
Niklas

Niklashe wrote:Thanks a lot jmg8! :)

That did the trick! I guess it works this way in all Meldas plugins?

Best regards
Niklas
No problem. Yes your right, part of the melda charm is that you only learn mods/multis/osc etc once then it's the same in all melda plugins. It makes for a very fast workflow.

Return to “MeldaProduction”