Nomad Factory - Analog Studio Rack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something new from Nomad. Wonder if this is re-hashed old code or something completely new...
http://www.plugivery.com/products/p2341 ... udio-Rack/

Intro price $39 @ JRR

Last edited by db3 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the GUI looks reminiscent of Analog series meets more modern plugins (i.e. COSMOS). but yes, would be interesting if it's new code. i am especially interested if the "exciters" in this plugin are actual exciters and not just EQ, like in COSMOS.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Oooooh nice! The exciter is BBE Sonic Maximizer based? And an SSL Bus Comp (comparable to Waves / Cytomic???) + SSL AND Pultec EQs.
  • AS Preamp
  • AS Gate Expander (inspired by SSL)
  • AS Comp Limit (inspired by SSL)
  • AS Exciter (inspired by BBE)
  • AS State EQ (inspired by SSL)
  • AS Pulse EQ (inspired by Pultec)
  • AS - Bus Comp (inspired by SSL)
Someone get this and report back :)

Good to see Nomad truly back in bizz.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by db3 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh great, old code with a new GUI...

is it old code?

ahh well.

i just bought it for $39.

i'll still give it a whirl and let ya know.

that's kinda sucky if it's just a repackage.

From the DontCrack website:
Analog Studio Rack was Bernie’s baby and he would have been so proud to see how Plugivery’s young while talented developers managed to solve many technical issues involved in the way this plug-in has been designed.

Bernie initiated the development of Analog Studio Rack over 3 years ago, designing it for his personal use as a professional producer and sound engineer. He wanted something more flexible than the channel strips found on the market to-date, those for most only offer a fixed path structure for each module they contain. He wanted to create the “ULTIMATE ANALOG CHANNEL STRIP PLUG-IN” that can be quickly loaded on any track from voices to bass, drums, keys, percussion or any other instrument, and set-up the pre-amp and modules with the ideal position and signal path for each instrument(s) needs.
It doesn't seem to be simply old code, then, but rather code that has been in the making quite some time, and that has been finished by some skilled programmers recently. I definitely like the plugin(s) - for that intro price a no-brainer imo :tu:

yes, i saw that.

nice that you like it.

i asked about the "old code" thing on the dontcrack forum.

hope i don't piss off anyone.

looking forward to trying it out.

thanks for the reply.

hodshonf wrote:yes, i saw that.

nice that you like it.

i asked about the "old code" thing on the dontcrack forum.

hope i don't piss off anyone.

looking forward to trying it out.

thanks for the reply.
Don't think anyone will be upset because you brought it up. In the end, it's quite a legit question, since the guys from Plugivery obviously got access to Bernie's code and some of it may indeed be old, so... Should be all right then!

Are you guys not seeing who the Lead Software Developer is for this project ? :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Are you guys not seeing who the Lead Software Developer is for this project ? :wink:
Yep - that's why I said "skilled programmers" :D The fact that he's involved actually makes me quite confident that quality will be assured in the recent and upcoming NF plugins :)

Teksonik wrote:Are you guys not seeing who the Lead Software Developer is for this project ? :wink:

Yup :tu:

Just because his name is on it still doesn't answer the question...
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

Who is it? Dimitry Sches or Big Tick?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

wow.

you guys lost me.

some in the know stuff i'm not in the know about.

fun though.

Return to “Effects”