Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote:The Matrixbrute has way more features than this, its monophonic, has analogue fx and is about 1500 i think

So, either this will be at least twice that price, or it will be a pretty crap analog (ie just the filter) that is 'cheap'
Oh, the only-a-vco-is-truly-analog-argument? Someone predicted reactions like that pages ago. Seems he was right. I think you represent a minority in this respect. Personally I love DCOs as much as VCO and sooner or later the sound will end up digitalized in a PC, so digital effects are just fine with me. The all-analog-or-nothing approach sounds a little "conceptual" (if not hysterical) to me and hardly about the actual sound.

Yeah I love a fully analog only signal path. Anolog is all I adore, I want it all analog.

You should hear it through my Lexicon.

IncarnateX wrote:
AnX wrote:The Matrixbrute has way more features than this, its monophonic, has analogue fx and is about 1500 i think

So, either this will be at least twice that price, or it will be a pretty crap analog (ie just the filter) that is 'cheap'
Oh, the only-a-vco-is-truly-analog-argument? Someone predicted reactions like that pages ago. Seems he was right. I think you represent a minority in this respect. Personally I love DCOs as much as VCO and sooner or later the sound will end up digitalized in a PC, so digital effects are just fine with me. The all-analog-or-nothing approach sounds a little "conceptual" (if not hysterical) to me and hardly about the actual sound.
don't waste your time with AnX ... he's just a much less informed version of Mutant.

IncarnateX wrote:

Well, im not a snob, but if you advertise it as analog, i expect it to be, not just a minority of elements. (Not just vco/dco... there is more than that to a synth)
Last edited by AnX on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daags wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

don't waste your time with AnX ... he's just a much less informed version of Mutant.
lol lol lol

Daags wrote:don't waste your time with AnX ... he's just a much less informed version of Mutant.
Is there some kind of club I am unaware about? Could further imagine ghettosynth as long time member and maybe even aciddose as chairman.

You can't really compare these two synths, both have a potential to be kings of their own categories.

The Matrixbrute will be $2000.
From what i understood, the DM12 has 100% analog signal path (before the digital effects unit), for now we can only see "Mode: send" on the little screen, who knows what the other modes will be.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I heard it will get an iPad editor too which is a nice topping (for me).

Ask audio, who spam my Facebook feed, claim to have heard a 500 euro price.

https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-de ... -its-alive

They will sell a few at that price!
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:Ask audio, who spam my Facebook feed, claim to have heard a 500 euro price.

I very much doubt that price tag but if it's true I'll take two please :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

ericj23 wrote:Ask audio, who spam my Facebook feed, claim to have heard a 500 euro price.

Eh? That price would kind of worry me a la how many asian factory child-workers will lose their lives for me to get one? Is Behringer mentioned in the Panama files? Do they smuggle Cocain to half of Europe or laundry assets for the mob? And not at least: What is really under the hood of this so called analog synth? :scared:

Plastic oscillators? :ud:

TBH €500 seems about right to me. I still wouldn't buy one.

It looks like one of the most interesting new hardware synths for quite some time. I use a Beringer x32 and would have no hesitation in buying this synth if it sounds great. It's a synth, you buy it if it sounds great and you can afford it, all other motivations are redundant.

I look forward to actualy hearing demos and seeing the cost before I announce my verdict (contrary to the popular trend) bug either way I applaude beringer for trying something new and making something interesting (and not just retro).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

German website Amazona.de said that they consider other sites claiming that the Behringer synth will $500 a "press canard".

The ask.com article which first mentioned the €500 price has now been updated - they are now saying they don't believe that it is true and expect it to be more like €700!

Seems logical to expect that someone in the know got in touch and told them to stop spreading misinformation. I would be confident in guessing it will be about €700 instead - which still isn't bad, there is not much else out there in this range which can offer that many osc's.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”