Former CamelAudio Alchemy... Anyone still using the old 1.5? Help :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone... I really enjoy working with this Synth, so I hope to keep it functional within Live.

I formatted my drive and forgot to save the keyfile. Now Live is crashing every time I start unless I deactivate the Alchemy plugin.

Will probably be able to get past this, but it might be because of the Registration process somehow.

Any ideas what I could do [mod edit: unallowable request removed, user warned]?

Thanks. I also have 24 presets to anyone who is interested :)

I am afraid you are out of luck.

1) There was a specific process that was shared by Camel Audio before they ceased existing which required you to backup all files to ensure being able to re-install Alchemy. Also, if I remember correctly (This I am unsure about), the last installer didn't have a license with it but you had to enter your user login and password from the Camel Audio web site to register the plugin. That's the stuff I have backed up for the last offline installer. No license key. Your name then appears in the GUI of the plugin.

"Installation offline of backed up files:

After July 7th 2015, your plugins and Sound Libraries will no longer be available online – the installer will consequently need to be run in Offline Installation mode, hence you'll need to have downloaded and backed up all your .CamelSounds files by then.

Make sure all your .CamelSounds files are stored in the location specified in the 'Download Path' area of the Installer's Preferences. By default this is Downloads/Camel Audio

Note: If you have any old copies of 'Alchemy-All-Presets.CamelSounds', remove this file from the desktop or the download path – this file has been known to occasionally conflict with the installer and is not required since the new installer uses a separate presets file for each library.
Next, run the installer in offline installation mode.

− The installer will check Downloads/Camel Audio (and also the desktop) for any .CamelSounds files.

For each sound library you should have a Presets and a Samples .CamelSounds file, and for each plugin a .CamelSounds file too.
If you use a custom location for VST plugins (Windows only), or for the 'Alchemy' data folder, you can set these directories in the 'Preferences' tab of the installer.
Click 'Install' next to those libraries you want to install or 'Install All' to install all your licenses.

2) [Mod edit: Removed this part as it made little sense after I'd edited the above post.]

It's unfortunate that you are in this situation. I'd be pissed too.
Play it by ear

Thank you for the reply, it has been of great help. I apologise for any inapropriate request I might have made.

I have the Windows installers all saved up in my Dropbox...

So I'm having a problem with my PlanetEarth bank not authorizing upon reinstall. Says there is no valid keyfile which doesn't make sense as it's just the .zip of the bank. Anyone else having this issue?
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Checked my Alchemy backup, and there's a separate .aky keyfile for the Planet Earth bank.

Ah dammit. Ok well I suppose I'm SOL
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

It seems that I missed the factory Lib samples from my backups! :dog:

Any good soul with a backup of factory samples? I will get a new computer in some days and woul like to install Alchemy on it.

As long as your old computer has alchemy on it just backup the samples folder and reload it on the new one.

Those .camelsound files are actually just .rar archives - if you open them with 7zip and manually install the presets and samples things work just fine.

Only the presets are keyed to your copy of alchemy - samples are generic

I have factory samples on my Dropbox, too. Will PM you with links.

(Do note that I can't do this for everyone because I'll reach my DB sharing cap in no time :D)

jdnz wrote:As long as your old computer has alchemy on it just backup the samples folder and reload it on the new one.

Those .camelsound files are actually just .rar archives - if you open them with 7zip and manually install the presets and samples things work just fine.

Only the presets are keyed to your copy of alchemy - samples are generic
yes, I discovered that yesterday. but...

2 or 3 months ago, I was messing with .pkg and trying to uninstall some things (somethink like this: https://wincent.com/wiki/Uninstalling_p ... n_Mac_OS_X) and I f**ked up my /Library/Application Support/ :( My /Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Samples/Factory currently has one Bass sample :dog:

EvilDragon wrote:I have factory samples on my Dropbox, too. Will PM you with links.

(Do note that I can't do this for everyone because I'll reach my DB sharing cap in no time :D)
:party: :hug:

Thanks GoodDragon!

I will handle these files with ultimate care :)

Any chance someone has an OS X alchemy installer? I have all the windows installers etc. I think I had decided that if I ever did move to a Mac, I'd just buy logic and use the new version. But it's locked to logic, and I'm using live...

I'm so glad I grabbed my copy off of this forum before it went away. I still adore that vst, it's one of my favorites. There are libraries I wish I could still buy, but at least I have the classic. It's a terrific tool, in some ways the superior of Kontakt imo.
Ha ha suck it!

Does anyone have the Alchemy Installer 1.55? Unfortunately, I only have the version to 1.50
Thanks in advance

best

Piet
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Return to “Instruments”