TouchOSC on Android and Cubase 8.5 Pro in OSX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

are there any other people successfully using TouchOSC on Android to send MIDI commands to Cubase Pro 8.5 on OSX?

I got everything setup. TouchOSC data is routed to its native TouchOSC Bridge program (all running the latest software version) and Cubase receives the MIDI messages.

However, whatever I do, I can't get Cubase to record that incoming MIDI data. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I spend hours yesterday finding a solution.

Some have suggested switching to record the changes in Automation. However, that does not help me much as it is quite uncomfortable to work with. I checked and it indeed seems to work.

Anybody found a workaround or solution to the problem? How can I make Cubase record that incoming MIDI?

Using a regular MIDI controller works as expected.

When I inspect the recorded MIDI part, I can see that Cubase apparently records the incoming value changes but somehow forgets about the timing data of those signals. Super strange.

I tried to come up with a genius way to make Cubase work the incoming MIDI data (e.g. via a Transformer) to get it somehow magically fixed but I did not succeed.

Any ideas?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”