Kire wrote:Vaz modular

It's a true dream machine!
It's old and overhyped

pdxindy wrote:

It's old and overhyped
Believe me, I wish it was :wink:

But everytime I've been away for a while from my PC to be able to use my Mac and Logic, I realize how great Vaz is. The easy modular routing, the fantastic overall sound, the impressive possibilities of vintage imperfection simulations, the CPU handling, etc.... and it's almost 20 years old... I use this gladly instead of Diva and the others every day of the week. Sadly I can't use Logic or Cubase. So I use Reaper now and I hope to see a 64bit version of Vaz one day.

I've been around for a while, always looking for the next big thing in soft synths. Something to be really impressed of. Since the year 2002 Vaz is the king for me and all my vintage hardware is gone because of it.

Because of that Vaz Modular is my number one synth even this year :)

Kire wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

It's old and overhyped
Believe me, I wish it was :wink:

But everytime I've been away for a while from my PC to be able to use my Mac and Logic, I realize how great Vaz is. The easy modular routing, the fantastic overall sound, the impressive possibilities of vintage imperfection simulations, the CPU handling, etc.... and it's almost 20 years old... I use this gladly instead of Diva and the others every day of the week. Sadly I can't use Logic or Cubase. So I use Reaper now and I hope to see a 64bit version of Vaz one day.

I've been around for a while, always looking for the next big thing in soft synths. Something to be really impressed of. Since the year 2002 Vaz is the king for me and all my vintage hardware is gone because of it.

Because of that Vaz Modular is my number one synth even this year :)
If it suits you fine... of the sound demos I've heard it sound like an old outdated softsynth and nothing like the quality of what is available today. Reaktor Blocks completely blows it away in sound quality. Not even close.

I have to agree, I Loved Vaz Modular... in 2005.
Reaktor 6 eats it for breakfast for sure. If that was released in '16 it would by far be my favourite of the year.

So far, for me, out of the new plugs of this year, its Tangle and although I've only played with the demo, Wiggle.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Isn't it a bit early?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Monark was very impressive. How does Reaktor 6 blocks compare to the Softube Modular?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Monark was very impressive. How does Reaktor 6 blocks compare to the Softube Modular?
Some people have said otherwise, but I think Reaktor Blocks has a better sound quality... Then I have only listened to audio demos of Softube Modular.

I'd say they're both pretty much on par in terms of sound quality - but I think modular is clearly easier to work with for those used to hardware synths, especially given the limited top-level modulation system employed by the blocks framework. Can't beat the depth of content available for blocks/reaktor though, especially given all the user content out there.

Yeah, Reaktor is clearly more flexible, as you can do pretty much anything you want with it, while the Softtube thingy relies on the available modules.

But with great flexibility comes great complexity :hihi:
The Softtube modular has a very different and perhaps more immediate workflow, which can be very inspiring too.

my bet is on Re-Pro :P

pdxindy wrote:
electro wrote:Monark was very impressive. How does Reaktor 6 blocks compare to the Softube Modular?
Some people have said otherwise, but I think Reaktor Blocks has a better sound quality... Then I have only listened to audio demos of Softube Modular.
Monark? Unless I am missing something, it wasn't created this year, so it shouldn't even be mentioned. I thought this meant favorite for THIS year.

Examigan wrote:Monark? Unless I am missing something, it wasn't created this year, so it shouldn't even be mentioned. I thought this meant favorite for THIS year.
You don't think It's okay for someone to ask how a 2016 launch compares to a late 2015 launch that included monark based blocks modules? :?

Favorite 2016 soft synth? Dunno, but, so far, the most interesting for me was Tone2 Icarus. Maybe some stuff still to come. :)

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Examigan wrote:Monark? Unless I am missing something, it wasn't created this year, so it shouldn't even be mentioned. I thought this meant favorite for THIS year.
You don't think It's okay for someone to ask how a 2016 launch compares to a late 2015 launch that included monark based blocks modules? :?
Ok, well it is a different year. "2016" is in the original post.

I haven't really tried too much new stuff myself, as I'm pretty happy with my setup. However, Tangle looks quite promising and I'm really looking forward to a new beta, so I guess it would be my choice :)

Return to “Instruments”