AiR Xpand!2 only for 1,00€

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xpand!2

Teksonik wrote:I'm just giving you a hard time Wags. I hate to see you pass up a great synth essentially for free. But I can understand that if you don't already have the Pace E-Licenser installed and had problems with an older version of an Air plugin you would be hesitant.

Xpand might even find it's way into your music which is very well orchestrated but in my opinion begs for a human singer. The vocaloid girl gives it a creepy vibe and not creepy in a good way. :ud:
Actually, I do have iLok and E-Licenser. I've got everything on this machine, which is why I am totally bumfuzzled as to why what happened after installing Loom happened. And I can't even be 100% sure it was Loom that caused the problem as it wasn't the only thing I installed that day. It was just the last thing and what I tried to load into Cubase when Cubase decided to go ballistic on me.

As to the creepy Vocaloid vibe, I guess it's an acquired taste. Unfortunately, I can't sing for beans and don't have the money or the sound proofed room to hire a singer and can't even afford to go anywhere near a recording studio. So for now, Vocaloid will have to suffice. I kind of like the sound but like I said, it's an acquired taste.

Teksonik wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Air stuff also installs some Apple thingy, without which it won't run. You will find it in the start-up list.
No they don't. I just checked to make sure (Win 7).
On my Win7 and Win10 setups it's iLok (later versions) that installs it (Bonjour - typical Apple name). It's some kind of server thingy.
I always uninstall it, with no ill effects.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

:dog:
delete me, someone, please.

Thank you for this! Got it!

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But for crying out loud, I've already got over 90 VSTs
I've got a ton of synths too along with Kontakt, Sampletank etc etc. But I chose to spend today enjoying Xpand and enjoy it I have............. :wink:
wagtunes wrote:What sounds can Xpand 2 make that I can't already make with what I have?
You'll never know will you ? :P
You know, you guys crack me up. You know how many times I've been criticized for having so many VSTs, that there is no way I can use them all, even though I do? Now you're telling, I can use one more. What the heck, why not?

You guys kill me.

Anyway, I just uploaded this one to Soundcloud. Second of my 16 track Broadway style CD that I'll be coming out with.

In fact, here are the first 2 songs. Vocals by Vocaloid.

Title Track

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead

2nd Tune

Since 1979, I have probably written well over 1,000 songs. I can't even keep track of all of them. Heck, in 1994, when all I did was music day and night, I came out with 7 albums of music, each with 16 tracks.

This is all I've been doing for nearly 40 years. Business is just business but it is not what I live for. It's just a way to help pay the bills.
can you post a link or list your discography?
maybe u are on discogs, bandcamp etc? would love to listen your albums.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But for crying out loud, I've already got over 90 VSTs
I've got a ton of synths too along with Kontakt, Sampletank etc etc. But I chose to spend today enjoying Xpand and enjoy it I have............. :wink:
wagtunes wrote:What sounds can Xpand 2 make that I can't already make with what I have?
You'll never know will you ? :P
You know, you guys crack me up. You know how many times I've been criticized for having so many VSTs, that there is no way I can use them all, even though I do? Now you're telling, I can use one more. What the heck, why not?

You guys kill me.

Anyway, I just uploaded this one to Soundcloud. Second of my 16 track Broadway style CD that I'll be coming out with.

In fact, here are the first 2 songs. Vocals by Vocaloid.

Title Track

2nd Tune

Since 1979, I have probably written well over 1,000 songs. I can't even keep track of all of them. Heck, in 1994, when all I did was music day and night, I came out with 7 albums of music, each with 16 tracks.

This is all I've been doing for nearly 40 years. Business is just business but it is not what I live for. It's just a way to help pay the bills.
can you post a link or list your discography?
maybe u are on discogs, bandcamp etc? would love to listen your albums.
The only stuff that I've posted online is on Soundcloud.

Xpand is an enrichment for my portfolio. But nevertheless it is so pathetic and childish, as many of you guys again and again try to persuade wagtunes, to install Xpand!

I happily paid a dollar for Xpand and could care less who did the same or not. I do tire of listening to wags spout about all the music he has made and the sound libraries he's created.He claims to buy just about everything under the sun for business use,but cries poor when it comes to hiring talent or studio time. I realize studio time can be expensive,but there are smaller studios that produce quality product. Not to mention there is talent that will work for free just to break into the biz.After 40 years hasn't his business shown a profit? Kinda reminds me of Donald Trump. Exaggeration maybe?

Karma_tba wrote:I happily paid a dollar for Xpand and could care less who did the same or not. I do tire of listening to wags spout about all the music he has made and the sound libraries he's created.He claims to buy just about everything under the sun for business use,but cries poor when it comes to hiring talent or studio time. I realize studio time can be expensive,but there are smaller studios that produce quality product. Not to mention there is talent that will work for free just to break into the biz.After 40 years hasn't his business shown a profit? Kinda reminds me of Donald Trump. Exaggeration maybe?
First of all, who ever said my business was super profitable? I never made any such claims. And I haven't been in business for 40 years either. Until 2000, I worked in lousy corporate America. Music was just a hobby and essentially still is. In fact, my "business" hardly makes any money at all and I've never claimed otherwise.

So how about before opening your big mouth and spouting off a load of horse manure, you get your facts straight.

And if you're tired of reading my posts, put my in ignore.

You'd think after all these years on this forum you'd know about that feature.

Or am I assuming too much?

And if you're tired of reading my posts, put my in ignore.

You'd think after all these years on this forum you'd know about that feature.

Or am I assuming too much?[/quote]
Why don't you take the high road and ignore me? I'm just a nobody. BTW you know what they say..."when you assume...you make an ass out of U and me. :D

why does every topic (ok i overdo it! ;)) where wagtunes is posting gets so long posts without content and personal quarreling with others? sucks somehow. i get notified about new posts and 90% is just shittalk about "i have this and that, and i never said this or that, I I I I I I ME ME ME ME.........."

@kvr: let his posts, let him and dont discuss 10 pages about his business etc. the topics get spammed and shit.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:why does every topic (ok i overdo it! ;)) where wagtunes is posting gets so long posts without content and personal quarreling with others? sucks somehow. i get notified about new posts and 90% is just shittalk about "i have this and that, and i never said this or that, I I I I I I ME ME ME ME.........."

@kvr: let his posts, let him and dont discuss 10 pages about his business etc. the topics get spammed and shit.
Hey, you know what? I didn't start this. I made a simple comment that Xpand 2 looked great but that I wouldn't be getting it because of problems I had with AIR. You guys could have just left it at that, but NOOOO. You had to keep harping and harping. That's the M.O around here. I say something simple and innocent and then the crap starts.

So look in the mirror folks.

I didn't start this.

Caine123 wrote:why does every topic (ok i overdo it! ;)) where wagtunes is posting gets so long posts without content and personal quarreling with others? sucks somehow. i get notified about new posts and 90% is just shittalk about "i have this and that, and i never said this or that, I I I I I I ME ME ME ME.........."

Some people seems to be using KVR as their forum to lash out the full extent of their ego and turning it into a pissing contest. Just ignore it and don't get drawn into it :wink: ..most people I guess are here to discuss music and music related stuff, but not all people satisfy with that.

On topic: I own Expand2 and some other stuff from AIR. I had some trouble with PACE after WIN10 upgrade but other than that it always worked fine. Xpand2 is a very nice little rompler with many nice sounds. I used it now and then. 1$ is a crazy low price for this plugin. :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:

Some people seems to be using KVR as their forum to lash out the full extent of their ego and turning it into a pissing contest. Just ignore it and don't get drawn into it :wink: ..most people I guess are here to discuss music and music related stuff, but not all people satisfy with that.

On topic: I own Expand2 and some other stuff from AIR. I had some trouble with PACE after WIN10 upgrade but other than that it always worked fine. Xpand2 is a very nice little rompler with many nice sounds. I used it now and then. 1$ is a crazy low price for this plugin. :tu:
This probably old news..but if Pace gives you trouble with Win 10 just go to Windows Admin.Controls and select it and click start. Apologies if you are already aware of this fix.

Thanks Karma :) Yeah, I knew it already. PACE service always stopped every time I turned off my computer. Every reboot I had to manually start PACE again. But the solution was to set it to delayed start. After that it start automatically after I boot up the computer.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Instruments”